Next Lock Screen, a Microsoft Garage project, saves you time with quick app launch and access to the information you need. It’s a time saver lock screen built for busy professionals. See your calendar, missed calls, text messages, and more all at a glance. Connect to a conference call in a single tap without unlocking your phone. Next Lock Screen even surfaces the apps you use most based on your location.
– Calendar: Quickly glance at your day and scroll through upcoming meetings and their location to plan your day.
– Quick app launch: Launch your favorite apps right from your lock screen. Next Lock Screen shows your most used apps based on your location, or you can customize which apps are displayed so you are always one tap away from the apps you love.
– Messaging at a glance: See your MMS notifications and instant message notifications for Skype, WeChat, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, and Line. (Android OS version 4.3 and higher)
– Lock your phone with a PIN or Pattern: Next Lock Screen now helps you prevent accidental unlocks.
– Music Player Controls: Find the perfect song for the moment right from your lock screen. (Android OS versions 4.3 and above)
– Weather: Know whether you will need an umbrella or not with the most up-to-date weather.
– One swipe to dial: Next Lock Screen dials you into a conference call, enters the PIN, and gets you talking without effort.
- Make it yours: Make your lock screen background dynamic throughout the day by having the background change depending of your location.
Next Lock Screen is available worldwide but currently only supports English, Spanish, and Chinese (Mandarin) languages.
– Ungrouping notifications for popular apps such as WhatsApp. In Settings -> App Notifications, there is now a setting to enable/disable grouped notifications.
– Enhancements to password backup and recovery.
– Bug fixes.
Requirements: 4.1 and up