Why sacrifice form or function when you can have both? Swipe for Facebook is the best Facebook wrapper app out there, integrating the lightweight Facebook website into a familiar user interface that is much like the original Facebook app.
What you get is a lightweight, highly customizable, and battery-friendly Facebook app that emphasizes on user interface and user experience as much as functionality and design.
It’s better in every single way. You’ll feel it.
As of very recently, Facebook has decided to stop supporting Messages on the mobile website, trying to get everyone to move to Messenger. It seems this may be what has been causing the crashes for some users when they click on Messages. Facebook seems to be slowly pushing this out to users, so this may not affect you yet, but if it does, I have already come up with a workaround. Simply go to Settings and enable ‘Enable Messages Workaround’. This will load www.messenger.com instead of m.facebook.com/messages where you can still send messages. This is not themed yet, but will hopefully be in another update within the week. Facebook seems to be very serious about this, so everyone should brace themselves for these changes being pushed to ALL users in the coming weeks.
Swipe Pro version includes:
– Higher Customizations
– More themes!
– Facebook iOS and Google Plus UI
– Quiet Hours (Do Not Disturb) – take control over your notifications!
– Power Saving Mode
– Retain Last Visited Pages
Upcoming features in the works:
– Fingerprint authentication Security Lock*
– Downloading Images*
– DayNight Theming (automatic theme changing depending on time)*
– Improved Power Saving Mode*
– Fix for Horizontal Scrolling**
– Caching tabs (still looking into how I can achieve this efficiently)***
– Video upload***
**possibly next week
***indefinitely soon, still figuring things out
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (see description)
NEW in Swipe 2.1.1
– Added Messages Workaround
– Added a “Special Thanks & Credits” section in Settings
– Optimized Swipe for upcoming translations (German, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Turkish, Hungarian, Arabic, Filipino, & Thai currently in the works)
– Removed “Install Messenger” prompt
– Fixed toolbar disappearing when opening Messages on some devices
– Fixed crash with Quiet hours
– Fixed Power Saving Mode not saving