3D Parallax Weather play.google.com.opengl2project
All packed in iOS 7 weather app like beautiful visualisations.
There are no pre-prepared animations or downloaded images. Beautiful and realistic visualisations are generated in real-time using the latest OpenGL technology allowing for seamless daytime to nighttime transitions and fluid movement.
Watch the lens flare effect as you move your device around on a sunny day, see the volume and depth of the clouds on a cloudy day or watch the raindrops settle on the screen on a rainy day.
- Real-world weather beautifully rendered using real weather data
- Current weather details displayed as a notification (can be disabled)
- True 3D parallax depth effect using an unlimited number of layers (can be disabled)
- Parallax effect on raindrops and snowflakes
- Smooth daytime to nighttime transitions
- Color palette, and the position of the moon and the sun based on current sunrise and sunset times
- Cloud movement based on the actual current wind speed
- See twinkling stars on a clear nighttime sky
- Special effects like lens flare reacting to device movement, thunder and lightning or raindrops on glass effect
- Automatically detects your location and changes the weather on screen to match
- Raining all the time where you live? Set the location manually to anywhere in the world!
- No ongoing background services
- Doesn’t use GPS – no battery draining network calls
What’s new in this version : (Updated : Jun 16, 2014)
- added option for a user selected weather and time of day
- as requested by many users added top voted Weather Underground data provider (used also by Google)
- improved search by name – now with autocomplete as you write for both providers
- added option to choose weather provider
- changed minimum refresh time to 30 min (providers dont refresh more often)
- added license check to minimize server queries from unauthorised users
- fixed crash when opening Settings on some devices
Required Android O/S : 3.0+