Aedict3 Japanese Dictionary v3.4.11
Requirements: 2.1 and up
Overview: An off-line english japanese dictionary which uses Jim Breen’s JMDict (upgraded EDict)/KanjiDic2/WWWJDIC data along with data from the Tatoeba project. Does not require japanese keyboard. Internet access is used only to download the dictionary – the application itself works offline.
An off-line english japanese dictionary which uses Jim Breen’s JMDict (upgraded EDict)/KanjiDic2/WWWJDIC data along with data from the Tatoeba project. Does not require japanese keyboard. Internet access is used only to download the dictionary – the application itself works offline.
– allows kanji searching by parts/radicals, SKIP code search and by kanji drawing
– omnibar allows search by kana, romaji and/or english, german, french, Russian, Dutch, Portugalese, Spanish, Hungarian, Slovene, Swedish. Deinflects verbs automatically.
– optionally shows romaji instead of hiragana/katakana.
– supports Hepburn, Nihon-Shiki and Kunrei-Shiki
– JLPT/Joyo Quizes
– You can store entries in a notepad and practice with notepad quiz.
– Shows stroke order kanji diagrams (courtesy of KanjiVG), allows JNLP/Joyo Quiz kanji draw practice
– Samsung multi-window support, Japanese Names Dictionary support, shows verb conjugations
– Dropbox integration
– Japanese font for proper character display
UPDATE NOTE: When updating Aedict, please also update all dictionaries, to gain access to the new features.
Aedict 3 needs to download the dictionaries which is cca 200mb download – please make sure that you are connected to the WIFI to avoid additional charges. Aedict 3 cannot use dictionaries used by Aedict 2.
Aedict 3 is based on Aedict 2.9 but introduces new Android 4 GUI. Aedict 3 works on Android 2.1 and greater.
Keywords: english french german dutch japanese dictionary kanji hiragana katakana learning tool offline Jim Breen JMDict Edict enamdic JMNEDict kanjipad jnlp joyo sod stroke order
Aedict should no longer crash at startup when SDCard is not writable
Flashcard export issue fixed.
Search is no longer repeated after returning to results screen
Reordering of notepad categories and items in categories implemented.
Fixed: sentence analysis was not performed when the search term contained romaji.
This app has no advertisements
Download Instructions:rel. by yuki981