Aedict3 Japanese Dictionary v3.4.10
Requirements: 2.1 and up
Overview: An off-line english japanese dictionary which uses Jim Breen’s JMDict (upgraded EDict)/KanjiDic2/WWWJDIC data along with data from the Tatoeba project. Does not require japanese keyboard. Internet access is used only to download the dictionary – the application itself works offline.
An off-line english japanese dictionary which uses Jim Breen’s JMDict (upgraded EDict)/KanjiDic2/WWWJDIC data along with data from the Tatoeba project. Does not require japanese keyboard. Internet access is used only to download the dictionary – the application itself works offline.
– allows kanji searching by parts/radicals, SKIP code search and by kanji drawing
– omnibar allows search by kana, romaji and/or english, german, french, Russian, Dutch, Portugalese, Spanish, Hungarian, Slovene, Swedish. Deinflects verbs automatically.
– optionally shows romaji instead of hiragana/katakana.
– supports Hepburn, Nihon-Shiki and Kunrei-Shiki
– JLPT/Joyo Quizes
– You can store entries in a notepad and practice with notepad quiz.
– Shows stroke order kanji diagrams (courtesy of KanjiVG), allows JNLP/Joyo Quiz kanji draw practice
– Samsung multi-window support, Japanese Names Dictionary support, shows verb conjugations
– Dropbox integration
– Japanese font for proper character display
UPDATE NOTE: When updating Aedict, please also update all dictionaries, to gain access to the new features.
Aedict 3 needs to download the dictionaries which is cca 200mb download – please make sure that you are connected to the WIFI to avoid additional charges. Aedict 3 cannot use dictionaries used by Aedict 2.
Aedict 3 is based on Aedict 2.9 but introduces new Android 4 GUI. Aedict 3 works on Android 2.1 and greater.
Keywords: english french german dutch japanese dictionary kanji hiragana katakana learning tool offline Jim Breen JMDict Edict enamdic JMNEDict kanjipad jnlp joyo sod stroke order
– JMDict entry page did not show kanjis. bug #270
– Fixed crash with POBox keyboard on xperia
– Reverted the sd card detection routine back to getExternalFilesDir()
This app has no advertisements