Requirements: Android 2.3.3 and up
Overview: Castaway allows you to stream your local photos and videos from your Android device to your Chromecast.
Castaway offers the following:
– Cast Facebook photos and videos from your Android device to your Chomecast.
– Cast Google+ photos and videos from your Android device to your Chomecast.
– Cast local photos and videos from your Android device to your Chromecast.
This is the premium version which does not contain ads. This version will also receive new features in the future.
If you are having trouble displaying certain photos or videos, please check the following link that explains what formats are supported by Chromecast: https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media.
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/a … eloper-tv/
Android Authority Review:
1. http://www.androidauthority.com/5-andro … 014-352476
2. http://www.androidauthority.com/how-to- … way-353628
* Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage (used to cast your local photos and videos – nothing will be deleted)
* Add or remove accounts / find accounts / use accounts (this is required to access your Google+ account to cast photos and videos)
* Full network access, network connections, wifi connections (required to access Google+ and see your Chromecast)
* Read contents of your USB storage (required to access local photos and videos for sending to the Chromecast)
– Fixed issue where casting local pictures would fail when swiping in rapid succession.
– Misc. bug fixes.
– Updated icon.
This app has NO advertisements