Overview: This software is for the IP Power 9258 / 9222 / 9223 / 9255 / 9212 / 9280 range of Aviosys network controlled power strips (PDU’s). You can power on or off an unlimited number of devices remotely from anywhere in the world using your Android mobile, schedule events for the devices to turn themselves on and off, or power cycle a device such as a router or server to reboot it
This software is for the IP Power 9258 / 9222 / 9223 / 9255 / 9212 / 9280 range of Aviosys network controlled power strips (PDU’s). You can power on or off an unlimited number of devices remotely from anywhere in the world using your Android mobile, schedule events for the devices to turn themselves on and off, or power cycle a device such as a router or server to reboot it.
The various available Aviosys IP power strips are here: http://bit.ly/10qUS9n
There is a full user manual here: http://bit.ly/1a9oM5G
A free, limited Lite version is here: http://bit.ly/19BAut0
Possible applications for PowerIP are:
– rebooting or power cycling a server or router by remote control if it has crashed
– turning your computer on or off when you are out so that you can use it remotely
– remote control security lights to turn them on or off when you are out
– remote control heating systems
– using your Aviosys power strip as a remotely programmable time switch
– home automation applications
– power off your devices to save energy rather than leaving them on standby
– monitoring equipment (with the 9212 Delux)
– controlling equipment based on events such as ambient light, timers, location (using Tasker, available separately)
– remote control as many power strips as you like (including the 1, 4 and 8-port variants of the Aviosys power strips/switches)
– run macros to control your equipment
– give each power strip a nickname
– user definable names for each of the controllable outputs
– get output names from the power strip during setup (if supported) to save yourself having to type them in
– group your frequently used equipment onto a favourites screen
– create shortcuts on your home screen
– reorganise the power strips to have them in any order on screen
– get and set schedules on the power strips themselves to switch devices on or off automatically at preset times
– power cycle an output using a specified delay
– read the status of the inputs on the 9212 Delux
– monitor temperature and current on the 9258W2/9255 Pro
– password protect your settings
– “protect” individual power outputs to prevent a user from accidentally powering off important equipment
– “protect” power outputs so that certain users cannot control them at all
– import/export server settings to an encrypted file for easy deployment across multiple devices
– integration with other apps using Android intents
It’s easy to set up. Just go into the server configuration menu and enter the user name, password, server address (an IP address or domain) and port for each of the power strips/switches. For the server address, you should not include “http”, but instead just the address e.g. myserver.myhouse.com or 192.168.1.2.
Then enable/disable the security options for each power strip. If the “protected” checkbox is enabled, then any output names which are enclosed in round brackets e.g. “(FTP server)” will be disabled from being switched.
In the settings menu, a preferences password can be applied by selecting the “password required” checkbox and entering a password. The default password is “admin”.
Once set up, the status and names of each output will be shown as on or off. To toggle each output, just press the appropriate output. Swipe left/right to move to other power strips, or up/down to pick from a list. Long press an output to power cycle it (if supported by your power strip/switch).
If supported by your power strip/switch, you can also get/set schedules for the outputs to turn on and off automatically.
Presently supported switches/firmwares are:
IP9258 S/T/Ping (v1.56, v.1.61, v.1.62, v3.00, v.4.01, v.4.03)
IP9258 SP (v1.52)
IP9258 HP (v1.1, v1.16)
IP9258 WiFi (v1.1, v1.16)
IP9258 W2 (v1.00)
IP9223 K (v4.01)
IP9258 SX (v1.38)
IP9258 DS (v4.01, v4.03)
IP9258 Pro (v4.01)
IP9258 xx (v4.01)
IP9212 Delux (v1.00)
IP9255 Pro (v4.03)
If you have any problems do get in touch.
Adding support for IP9258-1U (v1.62).
Fixing rare issue that could cause the configuration to become corrupt if illegal characters are cut and pasted into the settings screen.
Other minor bugfixes.
Adding “recovery screen” to help you get back into PowerIP if the configuration becomes corrupt (see manual section 5.7).
Adding support for IP9258xx (v4.01), including temperature and current monitoring.
Cosmetic improvements to user interface.
Miscellaneous minor bugfixes.
This app has NO advertisement