Galaxy S4 Lively can now be up to date with a brand new model of the Android four.four.2 KitKat OS, as Samsung launched the OTA XXUAMJ2 firmware. The replace is presently on hand in restricted markets best, however if you happen to personal the I9295 adaptation of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Lively, then that you may each time manually flash the reliable XXUAMJ2 Android four.four.2 tool. So as to take action, you’ll have to use a devoted step-by-step information; in that subject I’ve developed the current tutorial, so don’t hesitate and use the rules from beneath.
Android four.four.2 XXUAMJ2 firmware represents handiest a minor replace for Galaxy S4 Lively. However, in the end it’s an respectable device supplied through Samsung, so the most effective will probably be to flash the identical. Even supposing the firmware isn’t bringing awesome enhancements equivalent to new options, apps or capabilities, you will have to set up the Android four.four.2 KitKat OS in your S4 Lively if you wish to obtain the newest balance updates. The XXUAMJ2 firmware is steady, works with out lags or concerns; additionally it’s quick and optimized particularly to your Android smartphone. As you’ll find, making use of the device isn’t an possibility for you, particularly if you wish to run on a clean Android machine.
Now, it must be clear for you that Samsung launched the XXUAMJ2 as an Android four.four.2 KitKat OTA replace in restricted markets for the Galaxy S4 Energetic variation quantity I9295. Due to this fact, the replace is reputable and it isn’t representing a customized ROM firmware. Additionally, by using flashing the replace manually these elements will stay the identical. As a result, with the aid of following this step-by-step information you’re going to practice the inventory and legitimate Android KitKat OS to your Android instrument. You don’t have anything to fret about, the replace process is protected and also you don’t have to make use of advanced or unsafe apps for finishing the identical.
The academic is suitable with each rooted and unrooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Energetic. However, in case your cellphone is already rooted, after completing the steps from below the root access will be revoked. Because of that, by using this update operation the warranty of your phone will not be void – moreover, you can actually restore the same – usually the warranty gets voided once unofficial operations are being performed (such as gaining root access, installing a custom recovery image, flashing a custom ROM and so on).
In fact, Odin will be used – you can learn how by using the guidelines from below. Odin is an official tool developed by Samsung and used especially on these types of operations. Also, Odin is compatible only with Samsung branded smartphones and tablets. Using Odin is quite easy as the program has a user friendly interface, while applying the update will only require one operation to perform. But, you will have more info related to these aspects during the proper step by step guide from below.
What you need to do though is a backup for saving the data which is there on the internal storage memory of your Galaxy S4 Active. Why? Well, in some cases, after using Odin for applying the XXUAMJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS your phone might get stuck in a boot loop; now if that happens you will have to wipe the system of your device, thus your data will get erased – I will explain how to perform the wipe during the troubleshooting section from below. So, it is more than recommended to make a full backup before going any further. The best will be to use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play – don’t worry the apps are free distributed one.
On the other hand, this is a manual update procedure. Because of that, a computer based on Windows, your Galaxy S4 Active and your phone’s USB cable must be near you. Of course a connection between your computer and device will have to be established. Due to same reason you need to enable USB Debugging option on your handset. In order to do so you need to go to “menu – settings – developer options”. Furthermore, on both computer and smartphone you need to deactivate – only temporarily – the security protection. Do that because in some cases the antivirus and antimalware programs are interfering with the flashing operation.
Moreover, your device must have enough battery life, or else it might get turned off in the middle of the installation procedure. So, check the battery status; if there is less than 60% power left, before doing anything else, plug in the charger; else skip this step. Good; now remember that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active model number I9295; in fact Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUAMJ2 firmware has been released only for the mentioned device, so using the steps from below for updating a similar or different handset will probably make you brick your Android smartphone.
- The first thing to do is to download the required files on your computer.
- So, from here download the update file.
- Save the firmware on desktop.
- Download Odin and place the same on desktop.
- Unzip Odin and install the program on your computer.
- Then unzip the update file on the same folder as Odin.
- On your computer you then have to install the Galaxy S4 Active drivers. If the drivers are already flashed you can skip this step; else you can use Samsung KIES.
- Good, now on your computer run Odin.
- Also turn off your smartphone and wait a few seconds before heading to the next step.
- Enter your S4 Active in download mode.
- With the phone booted in download mode and with Odin launched on your PC, connect the devices by plugging in the USB cord.
- Once the connection established Odin will try to communicate with your device. If everything is working as expected on Odin the “added” message will be displayed and the ID:COM section will turn yellow or blue.
- If not, you will have to close Odin and unplug the USB cord. Then, reinstall the S4 Active drivers on your computer and repeat the steps from above.
- Up next, from Odin click on the “PA” option.
- You can now pick up the XXUAMJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware file.
- Do that and don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Then, click on “start”.
- The update process will take a couple of minutes; don’t press anything, just sit back and relax.
- The process will be over when on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed; also the ID:COM section will turn green.
- Remove the USB cord and reboot your S4 Active as you are done.
As I have mentioned before, while using Odin you might encounter some issues. The first thing that might happen is related to your device; it might get stuck in a boot loop. If that happens, follow the next steps:
- Reboot your S4 Active in recovery mode.
- Then from recovery you need to select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Go back and select “wipe cache partition”.
- Once more go back to main menu of recovery.
- Pick “reboot system now” and that’s it.
Also, while using Odin, the program might get stuck. In that case do:
- Close Odin.
- Unplug the USB cord.
- Force restart your smartphone.
- Reinstall the drivers on your computer.
- Reboot your device in download mode.
- Follow the steps from the proper update operation.
If you are experiencing any other issues, try to resolve the same by using a dedicated step by step guide – go here. Also, use the comments area from below for sharing your problems with us and with other users who might want to use our tutorial – don’t worry as we will assist you as soon as possible.
So, that is all for today. Now you know how to safely and manually update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUAMJ2 firmware. Stay close as further tutorials will be developed for your Android based smartphone.