CarbonROM Nightly build based on Android 4.4.2 is available now for the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update your device with it in under ten minutes.
More info about this release can be found at the Carbon-ROM blog page here. In order to complete this tutorial you will first need to take a look at the preparation info:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE model number I9505.
– do not attempt to update any other devices using the files that you will find in this post.
- This guide works with rooted Galaxy S4 LTE.
- Make sure that the latest CWM / TWRP Recovery is installed on your device.
– if the custom Recovery is not updated to its latest version, then you won’t be able to install KitKat ROMs.
- Nandroid Backup is required for the installed OS; this step is listed in the tutorial.
– it will set a restore point for your phone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot.
- Factory Reset is also needed for this post, don’t skip this step.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from system partition, while leaving internal and external storage sdcards unaffected.
- Backup data from installed apps, SMS text messages and other similar data using Helium tool for Android – here.
- Sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
– guide here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This is a guide that should be applied by advanced Android users, so you shouldn’t attempt to install the new ROM in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and you should be able to complete the guide in no time.
- If you cannot complete the installation, you should ask for more help in comments.
That’s it, now you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your device with this brand new custom ROM.
- Download the latest build of Carbon ROM KitKat from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC and then move both zip files to its internal storage.
– disconnect the phone from PC when the transfer is complete.
- Power off the device, then boot it in Custom Recovery mode.
– guide here for people who don’t recognize methods to boot Restoration Mode.
- Very first thing that you simply wish to do is to create a NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM:
– make a choice ‘backup and repair’, identify the file and ensure course of.
- Subsequent, practice Manufacturing facility Reset:
– make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’, verify.
- Now that you can set up the logo new ROM:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then choose ‘select zip from sdcard’.
– to find the ROM file and make sure course of.
- When the ROM is put in you must repeat step 7 and set up the Gapps zip.
- In any case recordsdata are flashed that you can return to the principle customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your instrument now in commonplace mode.
– observe: the primary boot strategy of your ROM takes some time to complete which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the brand new homescreen hundreds.
- Use your Google Account information in an effort to take keep an eye on over your instrument.
Now which you can begin trying out all of the new options and features of CarbonROM Android four.four.2 KK Nightly builds.
NOTE: if the primary boot course of doesn’t full in underneath ten minutes or in case the cellphone enters right into a boot loop, you then must attempt to repeat your entire tutorial greater than as soon as. Just remember to don’t skip any steps and that you are going to observe Manufacturing unit Reset. Additionally, you may need to follow ‘Structure /gadget’ possibility.
When you don’t like this new ROM, then which you can at all times make a selection to revive the software to its earlier OS the usage of the file created in step 5.