Official OmniROM Android 4.4.2 builds are now available for the Galaxy S3 LTE I9305. If you use the instructions that I’ve listed in this post, then you will learn how to successfully update your device with a brand new KitKat ROM.
If you want to learn more about OmniROM and how did this project went live, then you can visit their web page here. Before starting the installation you should take a look at the preparation build below:
- Use this post only with the International Galaxy S3 LTE model number I9305.
– do not update any other device with the files that you will find in this post, as it will brick the firmware.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
– TWRP works just as well, but make sure that it is updated to its latest version.
- NANDROID Backup has to be created for the installed ROM.
– this step is listed in the tutorial and it will create a restore point for your smartphone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– do not skip this step when you reach it in the tutorial.
- Factory Reset is also required for your device, so you shouldn’t skip the process.
– this step is listed in the tutorial.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from your phone’s system partition, while leaving the Internal and External sdcards will be left unaffected.
- Backup data from installed apps, SMS and other similar data using Helium for Android — here.
- Sync all your Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
- Check the smartphone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the device will not switch off in the middle of the installation process.
- This is a post that should be followed by advanced Android users, do not blame us if you brick the phone.
- Read the entire guide and don’t skip any steps.
- For any other questions, use the comments section.
Since you’re read all of the above you should continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your device.
- Download the latest build of OmniROM KK Nightly build for your device from here.
- Download Gapps for this custom Android 4.4.2 ROM from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC and then move both zip files to its internal storage.
-> disconnect the Galaxy S3 from computer when the files are copied successfully.
> do not unzip the archived files.
- Power off your Galaxy S3 completely.
- Boot the phone in CWM Recovery Mode.
– remember that TWRP will work, too. But, you need to make sure to apply the corresponding options.
> if you don’t know how to boot custom recovery, then read here.
- First, create the NANDROID Backup of the put in ROM:
– choose ‘backup and restoration’, identify the file and make sure course of.
- Now that you could follow Manufacturing unit Reset:
– make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, verify this motion.
> in case your instrument already sported a earlier OmniROM KK Nightly construct, then which you could skip this step.
> when you skip Manufacturing facility Reset and the cellphone refuses as well, you’re going to be pressured to repeat the information and observe Manufacturing facility Reset at your 2d set up strive.
- Set up the brand new OmniROM Android four.four.2 Nightly ROM now in your Galaxy S3:
– make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then make a choice the ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’.
– to find the OmniROM four.four.2 Nightly zip and make sure its set up.
- After the ROM is flashed, repeat step eight moves and flash Gapps zip as neatly.
- When the entire installations are full which you could return to the primary customized Restoration and boot the cellphone in commonplace mode.
> word that the primary boot strategy of your new ROM takes a number of minutes ahead of it hundreds the entire recordsdata.
- Use your Google Account information with the intention to take regulate over your software when the house reveal of OmniROM Android four.four.2 seems.
NOTE: if the primary boot course of fails and it doesn’t load the brand new dwelling reveal, or the cellphone enters right into a boot loop, then it’s a must to repeat the complete tutorial as soon as once more. Just remember to gained’t skip any steps and that you’re going to follow Manufacturing facility Reset.
additionally, you may want to take a look at to use the Layout /Gadget possibility, too.
If the brand new ROM boots, however you don’t like the way it works together with your smartphone, then that you may at all times select to revive your telephone to its earlier OS the use of the NANDROID Backup file created in step 6. Additionally, use the feedback box sooner than if you want assist.