The Mokee OpenSource Project is a new KitKat custom ROM that works with the Galaxy S3 I9300, use this tutorial if you want to learn how to properly flash such files on an Android device.
Mokee AOSP KitKat 4.4.2 is based on stock Android, Paranoid Android custom ROM and it packs some other great things such as: support for incremental updates, speed dialing, IP dialing, HALO, PIE controls, auto hide status bar, lunar calendar displayed in lockscreen, ListView animations, Smart dialing and others more. You can learn other interesting things about this release by visiting the XDA thread here.
If you want to successfully flash the new ROM at your first attempt, then you should read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the I9300 model of the International Galaxy S3.
> don’t use this guide with any other Galaxy S3 models, as you will end up bricking your phone.
- This is a guide that will work only with the rooted Galaxy S3.
- Also, your phone needs to have the latest CWM Recovery build installed on it.
> TWRP Recovery might also work with your device, but you will need to update it to its latest version.
- NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM has to be applied, this is found in the tutorial.
> do not skip this step, as it sets a restore point for your device.
- Factory Reset is also needed for the device.
– this process deletes all data from system partition, but it doesn’t affect the internal and external sdcards.
> do not skip Factory Reset.
- If you want to backup SMS text messages, data from installed apps or other similar data using the Helium utility for Android.
- Sync your Contacts data and People Details with your default Gmail account -> link here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Make sure that the phone’s battery has enough power left before it switches off. It should say that there is over 50% power left.
- This post is for advanced users, do not skip any steps that I’ve listed and you should be fine.
- Do not blame us in case something goes wrong or you lose any important data in the process.
Since you’ve gone past all of the above, now you can get to the tutorial and learn how to flash KitKat custom ROM for your device.
- Download this ROM zip from here.
- Download the Gapps zip for this ROM from here.
- Join your smartphone together with your laptop, then transfer each zip file to your telephone’s inner storage.
-> after the information are copied with success you could disconnect the cellphone out of your pc.
– don’t unzip the recordsdata.
- Energy off your instrument now.
- Boot your Galaxy S3 in CWM / TWRP Restoration Mode.
-> each customized Restoration variations will work with this put up, however we’ve examined the CWM model handiest.
– in case you’re the usage of TWRP Restoration then you definitely must you’ll want to follow the corresponding choices for the set up to finish appropriately.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM:
– make a selection ‘backup and restoration’, set a reputation for the file and make sure course of.
-> don’t skip this step.
- Now you will have to follow Manufacturing unit Reset:
– choose ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, ascertain.
- Subsequent, set up the emblem new MoKee KitKat ROM:
– make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then make a selection ‘select zip from sdcard’.
– to find the ROM zip file and ensure its set up.
- After the ROM information are flashed with success you will have to repeat step eight and flash Gapps zip.
- When the MoKee Android four.four.2 ROM and Gapps are put in it’s important to return to the principle customized Restoration monitor.
- Reboot your Galaxy S3 now.
> notice: the primary boot course of takes as a minimum 5 minutes to load the entire new recordsdata, don’t press any buttons except the primary menu of your new ROM seems.
- Use your Google Account to take regulate over your smartphone as soon as once more.
NOTE: if the primary boot course of takes too lengthy to finish, or in the event that your cellphone enters right into a boot loop, then you’re going to be pressured to repeat all the tutorial as soon as once more. Ensure that if you do repeat the information, then you definitely shouldn’t skip any steps listed above. Additionally, in addition to making use of the Manufacturing facility Reset you should utilize the ‘structure device’ choice too.
Use the feedback container to ask for any further assist.