SmartDroid KitKat is a brand new custom ROM that has been released for the Galaxy S3 I9300. Use this tutorial in order to learn how to successfully flash a brand new KitKat ROM for your smartphone.
This ROM is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat AOSP, it doesn’t contain any bloatware files, but it adds some CM 11 Nightly elements. Also, there are several other components that have been created by the SmartDroid’s developing team. More info about this release can be found at XDA thread here.
Before starting the installation you should read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
– do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
> do not flash this zip on any other Galaxy S3 models.
- Your phone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery build.
– TWRP Recovery will also work, but we didn’t manage to test it.
- A NANDROID Backup file has to be created for the installed ROM, so that you will have a restore point ready for your device.
– do not skip this step when you reach it in the tutorial part of this post.
- Factory Reset is also needed for this tutorial, one that will ensure that you will manage to complete installation successfully at your first attempt.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from system partition.
– the internal / external storage won’t be affected by the tutorial.
- Backup data from installed applications, SMS text messages and other similar data files using Helium tool for Android — download and learn how to use it by visiting the tutorial here.
- Sync Contacts data and people details with your default Gmail account.
– more info on how to do it is listed here.
- Enable USB Debugging option from Developer Options menu.
- Check your phone’s battery power and make sure that it has at least 505 left before the device it switches off.
- This is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data files in the process.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to update your device with a brand new custom KitKat ROM.
- Download the custom ROM file from here.
- Download Gapps for this custom ROM for this particular custom ROM from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer and then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
– after the files are complete you should disconnect the device from your PC.
> do not unzip the archives.
- Power off your phone and then boot it in CWM Recovery Mode.
> more info here on boot restoration for those who don’t recognize the best way to do it.
- Very first thing that you must full is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM:
– make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, then title the file and full course of.
> don’t skip this step.
- Now you must Manufacturing facility Reset your instrument:
– choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’ after which verify.
> don’t skip the step.
- Subsequent, flash the brand new SmartDroid AOSP KitKat to your Galaxy S3 I9300:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard.
> in finding the ROM file and ensure the method.
- After the ROM is put in you want to repeat step 7 moves and set up Gapps zip.
- Get again to the primary customized Restoration display when finished with the set up.
- Reboot your telephone in commonplace mode now.
– word that the primary boot technique of your instrument will take some time to finish, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the primary menu seems.
- Use your Google profile to take regulate over your Galaxy S3 and its new ROM.
– now which you could at last begin checking out all of the new options and capabilities.
NOTE: if the primary boot course of fails, it takes greater than 10 minutes with out doing the rest or it enters right into a boot loop, then you definately will have to attempt to repeat the whole tutorial as soon as once more.
This can be a information that will have to be accomplished simply, however you probably have issues with the academic you can use the feedback box beneath and ask for extra assist.