If you want to try a great Android 4.4.2 KitKat based custom ROM, then you have to install the new SuperNexus firmware. Currently, the software is available for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 and Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and can be installed by using a dedicated step by step guide, just like the present one. The SuperNexus ROM is bringing important features and a great version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS that is similar with the one featured on the Nexus devices, so your Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 will be running on an amazing new OS.
The Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 Android smartphones will no longer receive official updates from Samsung. Therefore, the devices are stuck on Jelly Bean firmware, even though Android 4.4.2 KitKat might just run without problems on these phones. So, if you want to try the latest Android OS without using an official OTA update, you can now flash the SuperNexus custom ROM software. The installation procedure can be easily applied, even if you are a newbie. Of course, this is an unofficial, complex and risky tutorial so because of that you shouldn’t apply anything without consulting the guidelines from here first.
SuperNexus firmware represents a ported and modified version of Android 4.4.2 pure KitKat OS. The ROM is a free aftermarket distribution of Android system so the ROM has nothing to do with Samsung or with Google. The best is that those of xda-developers (we should thanks them for this guide) had managed to optimize and customize the software especially for the Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 Android smartphone, which means that this Android 4.4.2 update will smoothly run on the mentioned devices.
According to those who have alredy flashed the firmware, SuperNexus is coming without bugs or issues. You can apply the update for daily use and you can also use the same for powering up the performances of your Galaxy S and Galaxy S2. The ROM is bringing important features and capabilities that can be used for receiving better performances from your smartphones. With SuperNexus installed you will be able to bump the speeds, upgrade the battery life, personalize the looks, optimize the performances, use an updated web browsing experience and lot more.
Of course this can be achieved only after completing the present step by step guide. If you want to do so then make sure you are applying all the tasks described here. I am referring to the pre requisites list from below, which represents the most relevant section of this tutorial.
- You can’t update your Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 to Android 4.4.2 by using a custom ROM unless you first root your Android devices. So, use compatible tutorials and gain root access.
- Rooting is actually the first step to make when trying to apply an unofficial update, so this step is really not an option for you.
- Also, gaining root access will be the first unofficial operation that will be performed. Unfortunately, when doing so the warranty of your Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 will get void.
- You can restore the warranty afterwards; but then root access will be revoked and the SuperNexus custom ROM replaced. In case you need the warranty back, just downgrade your Android device to stock Android Jelly Bean OS.
- Install a custom recovery image on your phone. Use only the latest versions of CWM or TWRP recovery or else you won’t be able to complete this step by step guide.
- Installing a custom recovery image is possible only if root access has been ensured, so root your smartphone before doing anything else.
- Make a general backup and also a Nandroid backup. Do this because on the update operation the internal system of your Galaxy S and S2 will be wiped out.
- So, use suitable backup and restore apps for saving your contacts list, call logs, market apps, text messages, personal info, accounts, data, EFS folder, internet settings and everything else you might need afterwards.
- You will have to use a computer, your smartphone and its USB cable.
- On both computer and device you need to disable antivirus and antimalware programs as the security tools might interfere with the flashing process.
- Also, on your device the USB debugging option must be enabled or else you won’t be able to properly connect your Galaxy S and S2 with your computer; check the mentioned option by going to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Plug in the charger in case your phone has less than 50% power left; your device might get bricked in case it get turned off in the middle of the update operation.
Of course don’t forget that SuperNexus has been developed and offered only for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 and Galaxy S2 I9100 – at least the update version presented on this step by step guide. Therefore, don’t use the steps from below for installing Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware on a different smartphone or tablet because you will probably end up in bricking your Android device. Don’t mess things up, just complete the steps from below and everything will be fine.
- You need to download the firmware file for your Galaxy S2 from here and for the Galaxy S from here.
- Also, download Google apps package by going to this page.
- Don’t unzip these files, just place it on your computer – preferable on desktop as you will need to move the same in a minute.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer via USB cable.
- Place the downloaded files from desktop on your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable.
- Turn off your Android device.
- Enter your smartphone in recovery mode.
- First wipe the machine with the aid of picking “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset”.
- Then clear cache: “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to major menu of restoration.
- Decide “set up zip from SD card” after which make a selection “select zip from SD card”.
- Get the Android four.four.2 KitKat replace file and set up it in your Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S2.
- Repeat the identical step and flash Google apps package deal.
- Return to restoration mode menu and from there make a choice “reboot gadget now”.
Good. You have got up to date your Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android four.four.2 KitKat ROM by way of SuperNexus customized firmware. Check the brand new instrument and notice the way it performs in your Android smartphone. If there are bugs, or if one thing isn’t working as anticipated, use the feedback house from beneath and remarks up. We will be able to provide help to as quickly as that you can think of and we can attempt to information you throughout the issues. Additionally, use the feedback container from under for sharing your expertise with different customers who may imagine in suing this step-by-step information.