The Carbon KitKat Nightlies are now live for the Nexus 5 ‘hammerhead’ device. Read this entire post and you will be able to complete the tutorial in no time without bricking the firmware.
The Google Nexus 5 already sports the latest KitKat build, but there are users who want to get access to tons of other customizations and tweaks that should only enable you to improve the overall performance of your device. Make sure to read the guidelines below before starting the installation of Carbon KitKat ROM:
- Use this post only with the Google Nexus 5.
– don’t update any other devices with the files that you will find in the tutorial.
- Your Nexus 5 has to be rooted and running the latest build of either CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- It is highly recommended for you to create a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM.
– this process will set a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new Carbon build doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– do not skip the step when you reach it in the tutorial.
- Factory Reset is also needed for this new ROM to install correctly at your first attempt.
– the Factory Reset will wipe all data from system partition, while leaving the internal storage files the same way these were before applying the data wipe.
– do not skip Factory Reset step.
- Backup all data from installed Android applications, SMS text messages and more similar data using Helium for Android — guide here.
- Sync your Contacts info with your Gmail account.
– info here on how to complete the process for those that don’t know how to do it.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Check the phone’s battery charge level before starting the installation of this new ROM. This will prevent the device from switching off in the middle of the installation process.
- Read this entire tutorial and don’t skip any steps.
- This is a guide for advanced users, so you shouldn’t blame us in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in new ROM.
These were all the guidelines you had to go over before starting the installation.
- Download the custom ROM from here.
– make sure to download the latest build.
- Download Gapss for this new ROM from here.
- Connect your device with your PC via USB data cable and move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– disconnect the device from PC when the files are copied.
> do not unzip the archived contents of this ROM.
- Power off the device and then boot it in CWM / TWRP Recovery:
– if you don’t know how to boot recovery, then you need to read more info here.
- Now you will have to create a NANDROID Backup of the put in ROM:
– CWM: make a selection ‘backup and fix’, title the file and ensure course of.
– TWRP: press Backup, title the file and swipe to start out the backup.
- Subsequent, practice Manufacturing unit Reset to your telephone:
– CWM: choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’, verify.
– TWRP: Press Wipe and swipe to verify Manufacturing facility Reset.
- Set up the brand new ROM:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. To find the ROM and ensure course of.
– TWRP: press Set up, to find the file and ensure course of.
- Repeat step 7 movements to be able to set up the Gapps zip now.
- Return to major customized Restoration and reboot the cellphone in standard mode.
– the primary boot course of will take some time to load all of the new information, so that you shouldn’t press any buttons whereas the information are loading.
- Enter your Google Account data and take keep an eye on over software.
These had been the entire steps that you just needed to apply to be able to efficiently set up the brand new Carbon KitKat ROM.
In case the primary boot course of fails, then you definately must attempt to repeat the complete tutorial. Additionally, use the feedback box beneath so as to ask for extra lend a hand.