Carbon team has launched their official custom ROM based on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM for your device. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the installation of this new KitKat ROM for your device.
More info about this release can be found at the Carbon ROM website here. Also, use the XDA thread here to report any bugs you might find while using. Read the guidelines below before starting the installation of this new ROM on your device:
- Use this tutorial only with the Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
– do not use this tutorial with any other different ROM, as it will brick your device.
- You can use this tutorial only if your device is rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
– TWRP Recovery should also work with your device.
– make sure that whichever custom Recovery you use, then you will make sure that it runs on its latest build, as otherwise you cannot flash KitKat ROMs.
- Create a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
– this will set a restore point for your smartphone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– this step is listed in the tutorial, too, so you won’t manage to miss it.
- Factory Reset is also required, so that it will allow you to cleanly install the new ROM.
– Factory Reset will wipe all data from the System partition, which means that you will lose all data from installed apps, SMS and other similar files.
– Factory Reset will not wipe any data from internal nor external storage.
– this step is listed in the tutorial, so you shouldn’t skip it.
- Backup data from installed applications and SMS text messages using the Helium tool for Android — link here.
- Sync all the Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
– guide here for those of you who don’t know how to do it.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Make sure that the battery of your device has at least 40% power left before it completely switches off.
- Read this entire guide and do not skip any steps that I’ve listed in this post.
- In case you cannot complete the tutorial, then you can ask for more help in comments.
- This guide is for advanced users, which is why you shouldn’t blame us in case something goes wrong.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to correctly configure your smartphone for the installation process of this new ROM.
Remember that the ROM that you are about to flash on your SGS3 isn’t a stable build, but a Nightly version that is still in its testing phase and you might find some errors while running it. Also, make sure to use the XDA thread to report any bugs you might find while running it.
- Download the custom ROM build from here.
– make sure to download the latest build available.
- Download Gapps for this new ROM from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your PC and then copy both files to its internal storage.
– disconnect the phone from computer when both files are copied with success.
> do not unzip the archived phones.
- Power off your device and then boot it in CWM Recovery mode.
> if you don’t know how to do it, then you can follow the info listed here.
- First, create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
– make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, provide a reputation for the file and ensure that you simply want to create it.
> don’t skip this step.
- Subsequent, follow the Manufacturing facility Reset on your Galaxy S3:
– make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’, then you could ascertain the method.
> don’t skip this step, as the brand new ROM would possibly now not boot in commonplace mode.
- Now that you can at last set up the logo new Carbon KitKat Nightly ROM on your Galaxy S3:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ’make a selection zip from sdcard’.
– in finding the brand new ROM file and make sure its set up.
- After the ROM is put in that you would be able to flash the brand new Gapps file the use of the identical movements as in step 2.
- When all information are efficiently flashed to your cellphone you must return to the principle customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your smartphone now in commonplace mode.
– word that the primary boot means of this new ROM will take a little time to complete, which is why you will have to wait unless the house reveal seems.
- Use the Google Account information with a view to take keep watch over over your instrument as soon as once more.
– now that the set up has been achieved efficiently that you may begin trying out the entire new options and choices.
These had been the entire steps you needed to practice so as to full this tutorial. If you can’t full otherwise you don’t be mindful probably the most directions listed under, then that you would be able to ask for extra assist in feedback. Depart an in depth remark, in order that we can give you an answer for any kind of downside you’ve encountered.
NOTE: if the primary boot course of fails to put in all recordsdata, then it might be very best so that you can repeat all the tutorial and to just be sure you gained’t skip any steps which might be listed above.
– the ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’ step must be utilized.
– additionally that you can attempt to practice the ‘layout /machine’ motion, too.
NOTE 2: if the brand new ROM doesn’t boot or it boots however the Carbon KitKat Nightly ROM displays means too many blunders, then which you could all the time make a selection to revive your cellphone to its earlier ROM the use of the Backup file created in step 5. Use the identical customized Restoration Mode if you wish to fix a up to now put in ROM.