Google Nexus 4 has received its own Carbon KitKat Nightly builds. You can use this post if you want to learn how to successfully flash a brand new custom ROM and enhance your KitKat experience.
Carbon Android 4.4.2 KK Nightlies are created by the Carbon ROMs team, it packs the AOSP Android 4.4 features along with other elements added by the developers. Also, for this new ROM to install successfully on your device you will first have to read the guidelines below:
- This is a post that will only work with the Google Nexus 4.
– do not attempt to update any other Android device with the files that you will find in this article as you will end up bricking its firmware.
- Your Nexus 4 has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
– TWRP will also work, but make sure that it is updated to its latest build.
> if the custom Recovery isn’t updated to its latest version then you won’t be able to flash any new KitKat ROMs.
- NANDROID Backup is needed for the installed OS, so that you will have a full restore point set for your phone.
> this step is listed in the tutorial, so you won’t manage to skip it.
- A Factory Reset is also required for your device, this will help you flash the new ROM over a clean partition.
– Factory Reset will wipe all data that is stored on your phone’s system partition, while leaving the internal storage unaffected.
> this is a step that you will find in the ‘how-to’ part of this article, so you won’t skip it.
- Backup data from installed applications and SMS text messages using the Helium tool for Android — guide here.
- Sync all your Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
– more info on how to do this can be found here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Check your phone’s battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 50% left before the phone switches off completely.
- This is a post for advanced users, do not skip any steps and don’t blame us in case you brick your phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Read all instructions and use the comments field to ask for any extra help.
Now that you’ve gone past all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
- Download the custom ROM from here.
– make sure that you will download the latest build of Carbon KK Nightly.
- Download Gapps for this custom ROM from here.
- Connect your device with your computer, then move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– after the files are copied successfully you have to disconnect the phone from OC.
> do not unzip the archived files.
- Power off your Nexus 4 and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– both CWM and TWRP are supported, as long as these are updated to their latest versions.
> if you don’t know how to boot custom Recovery, then you can find more info here.
- Very first thing that you simply want to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM.
– CWM: make a selection ‘backup and fix’, identify the file and ensure course of.
– TWRP: press Backup, then you definitely wish to supply a reputation for the file. Swipe to create the backup file.
> don’t skip this step.
- Subsequent, observe the Manufacturing facility Reset on your software:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’, verify.
– TWRP: Press Wipe, then you definitely want to swipe to substantiate that you just need to manufacturing unit reset the N4.
> don’t skip the step.
- Now that you could eventually flash the brand new Carbon KitKat Nightly ROM on your Nexus four:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. In finding the ROM and make sure course of.
– TWRP: press Set up, then you must to find the ROM file. Swipe to substantiate set up.
> don’t press any buttons unless the brand new ROM has completed to put in all new recordsdata.
- After the ROM is put in you want to repeat step 7 moves and flash Gapps zip.
- When all recordsdata are efficiently flashed in your instrument that you may return to the principle customized Restoration reveal and reboot the telephone in commonplace mode.
> be aware that the primary boot strategy of this new ROM will take at the least a couple of minutes to finish, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the house reveal seems.
- Use the Google Account information and take keep an eye on over your tool as soon as once more.
Because you’ve learn all the above which you could start trying out the brand new ROM.
If the primary boot takes greater than ten minutes with out loading the primary reveal or the tool enters right into a boot loop, then it will be right for you to check out and repeat all the tutorial as soon as once more. Just remember to gained’t skip any steps and that you’ll ask for additonal lend a hand in feedback.