Samsung launched the Galaxy Grand 2 in January this 12 months and despite the fact that everybody anticipated to purchase the cellphone with Android four.four.2 KitKat OS pre-put in, Jelly Bean used to be nonetheless most popular as a substitute. Now, simplest a month after the authentic launch of Galaxy Grand 2, we now have the primary OTA replace which has been already rolled out. Once more, no it isn’t Android four.four.2 KitKat OS, although the identical firmware shall be made to be had right through the next weeks. The OTA replace is dubbed as XXUANA8 and represents an Android four.three Jelly Bean machine that includes a number of steadiness enhancements that value your consideration.
Sadly, the Android four.three XXUANA8 Jelly Bean OS has been formally launched simplest in restricted markets. Now, for those who personal the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 version quantity GT105 and haven’t obtained the OTA but, it implies that both the replace is obtainable regularly and you are going to include it all over the next days, or that XXUANA8 isn’t to be had to your area. So, in case you are bored with ready, now we have the very best resolution or various for you: flashing the Android four.three XXUANA8 device manually for your Galaxy Grand 2.
Subsequently, this information will convey you the very same set up process. Now, despite the fact that it’s a handbook replace answer, it doesn’t imply that you’re going to now not practice the reputable Android OS. If truth be told, you’re going to flash the identical XXUANA8 Android four.three firmware that has been OTA launched, however you are going to do it manually. So, which you could safely use the rules from under, as a result of we’re not coping with customized ROMs, or with hazardous or advanced operations – this tutorial will also be achieved even by way of a novice. After all, don’t observe issues via yourselves as you could mess issues up; if that occurs which you can turn out in bricking your Android instrument.
This system in order to be used on the replace process is Odin. Odin is designed through Samsung so we’ve got an authentic software. Moreover, Odin is frequently used on most of these operations with none roughly issues. So, if you wish to follow XXUANA8 Android four.three to your Galaxy Grand 2 you’re going to now not must root or set up a customized restoration picture to your tool, as these operations are being required when coping with customized updates and with professional ones.
If your cellphone is rooted (this tutorial is appropriate with each rooted and un-rooted handsets) after finishing the steps from under, the foundation get admission to shall be revoked. That’s why, this information can be utilized for restoring the guarantee for your Galaxy Grand 2 – on a regular basis the guarantee will get void whilst you observe unofficial operations like gaining root get right of entry to, unlocking the bootloader and so forth. Don’t fear as it is possible for you to to re-root the XXUANA8 gadget –remember to use a suitable root means or else you’ll prove in harmful your telephone’s inner gadget.
Now, as I’ve talked about within the introduction of this step-by-step information, XXUANA8 Android four.three Jelly Bean OS represents handiest a minor replace that has been OTA launched for the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. In that topic, don’t predict to obtain new options, apps or capabilities because the replace most effective brings balance enhancements. Due to this fact, XXUANA8 is a secure Jelly Bean OS that runs quick and clean on the Galaxy Grand 2. There are not any bugs or considerations incorporated on this platform, this in step with the customers who’ve already flashed the OTA.
If you wish to safely full this information, first you’ll have to learn and observe the duties from beneath. Don’t skip the pre requisites part as it’s the most related a part of this step-by-step information.
- Backup the info which is saved on the interior storage of your tool. Do this as a result of in some circumstances, uncommon ones, the firmware may also be utilized best after wiping the device of your Android tool. So, with a purpose to keep away from disagreeable eventualities from taking place, prior to going any longer I like to recommend you to avoid wasting your knowledge.
- Principally you need to use appropriate backup and repair apps from Google Play for saving the whole lot you wish to have; that you could backup EFS, market apps, call logs, personal info, data, accounts and even the contact list.
- Then, make sure that you can use a Windows running computer – Odin can be installed and used only on the same.
- Your Galaxy Grand 2 and your phone’s USB cable must be near you because you will have to connect your devices in order to manually install official XXUANA8 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM.
- In order to safely establish the mentioned connection, on your handset you need to enable the USB debugging option. You can do that by going to path “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Another thing to do: before starting the update operation from below, on your computer temporarily disable the antivirus and any other security protection. You need to do this because in some cases the antivirus programs are interfering with Odin or with the update operation.
- Also your smartphone must have enough battery life left in its system; else it might get turned off in the middle of the flashing operation. Check the battery status and if there is less than 50% power left, plug in the charger before doing anything else.
Android 4.3 XXUANA8 Jelly Bean OS has been released by Samsung for the Galaxy Grand 2 model number GT105. This means that the present step by step guide is compatible only with the mentioned Android device. Using the steps from below for updating another smartphone or tablet will probably brick your beloved handset; try not to mess things up and don’t apply things without consulting the next procedure.
- First on your computer you need to download and also install the required files.
- So, download the Android 4.3 firmware file from here.
- Also, download Odin.
- Place these files on desktop.
- Unzip Odin and then unzip the update file on the same folder as Odin.
- The Galaxy Grand 2 drivers must be installed on your computer. You can get the drivers by using Samsung KIES.
- Finally, run Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Enter it in download mode.
- For download mode press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Good, now with the phone booted in download mode and with Odin running on your computer, connect the devices by using the USB cable.
- Odin will recognize your device. If everything is working as expected, on your computer the “added” message will be displayed while the ID:COM section will turn yellow or blue.
- If not, you will have to close Odin, restart your phone and reinstall the drivers on your computer; then you can retry the process from above.
- Now, from Odin you need to click on the option dubbed as “PA”.
- Then from the window that will be displayed, you have to pick the firmware file from your computer.
- Good; don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Click on ”start”.
- Now the Android 4.3 firmware file will be updated on your Galaxy Grand 2.
- In the end, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed and the ID:COM will turn green.
- You can unplug the USB cable and reboot your device now.
In some cases there might be some problems with Odin; if the program gets stuck while you are trying to apply the steps mentioned above, try to resolve the issue by following the next steps:
- Close Odin (force close the program if you can’t do it in other way).
- Also, force restart your Galaxy Grand 2.
- Re-flash the drivers on your computer.
- Reboot your phone in download mode.
- Run Odin on your PC.
- Repeat the update process from proper tutorial.
Also, in rare cases, after completing the steps from above your smartphone might get stuck in a boot loop. Now, as I have mentioned earlier a wipe is sometimes required in order to make things work. Now, that’s our case, so follow:
- Enter your Galaxy Grand 2 in recovery mode.
- You can reboot in recovery by pressing on Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Also pick “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to main menu of recovery.
- And select “reboot system now”.
If you are experiencing any other kind of issue, try to use our dedicated step by step guide from here, or use the comments area for sharing your problems with our team – we will assist you as soon as possible.
Congratulations; you have completed this manual installation procedure, which means that now you know how to update your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 GT105 to official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUANA8 OS. Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA is on its way, so stay close as we will update you with fresh info as soon as something new comes out. Furthermore, don’t hesitate and use our how to section for applying other tutorials – you can also learn how to easily root your Galaxy Grand 2 on Android 4.3 XXUANA8 firmware (an one-click root method is on hand for just about the entire Samsung branded units). After all, don’t overlook to remarks us as your opinion is all that issues for Android.gs.