Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE has received its Carbon Android 4.4.2 ROM build and now you can use the instructions listed in this post and learn how to update the phone.
There are tons of new KitKat custom ROMs being launched these days, so that more and more users will be able to test the latest features launched by Google.
Carbon ROM is one of the most popular KitKat custom ROMs right now. It borrows elements from AOSP Kitkat along with some other features from CyanogenMod, AOKP, Paranoid Android and other great custom ROMs. It is being developer by the Carbon team and it currently has reached the Nightly stage of Android 4.4.2 ROM which means that it cannot be used as a stable build.
Carbon Nightly ROM is based on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat AOSP builds. More info about this release can be found at the Carbon ROM blog page here. In order to successfully install this new ROM on your smartphone you should first take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9305 — this is the International LTE model.
– don’t use the guide with the US Galaxy S3 LTE models, as you will brick their firmware.
– this guide will not work with any other Galaxy S3 devices.
- This is a guide that will work with rooted Galaxy S3.
- Also, your device has to run the CWM Recovery image.
– you can use the TWRP Recovery too.
– make sure that the custom Recovery you have installed is updated to its latest build.
- Create a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM.
– this will set a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– do not skip this step.
- Factory Reset is required for this new ROM to install successfully.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from system.
– Factory Reset doesn’t remove any data from internal / external storage.
- Backup data from installed apps and SMS text messages using the Helium tool for Android — link here.
- Sync Contacts info with your Gmail account.
– guide here for those that don’t know how to do it.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This guide is for advanced users, do not skip any steps and don’t blame us in case something goes wrong.
- Check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 40%, so that the Galaxy S3 won’t switch off while installing the new files.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post. This is not an official Samsung release, but a custom ROM created by a great developing team that tries to offer Galaxy S3 users the possibility to get rid of all the Samsung bloatware and run a pure Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system.
Read all the instructions, don’t skip any, create the backup and you should be able to complete the guide in under ten minutes.
- Download the latest build of this ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer, then move both zip files to your Galaxy S3 internal storage.
– after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from PC.
– don’t unzip the archives.
- Power off the device now.
- Next, boot the phone in CWM Recovery mode.
– if you don’t know how to do it, then you can learn using the info listed here.
- Now that you may create the entire NANDROID ROM Backup:
– make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, then shop the file and ensure course of.
- Observe the Manufacturing unit Reset on your tool now.
– make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’. Verify.
- Set up the brand new Carbon KitKat Nightly ROM to your Galaxy S3:
– make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’.
– ascertain the method.
- Repeat step eight movements after which flash Gapps zip.
- When all information are put in that you may get again to the principle customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your Galaxy S3 in standard mode.
– observe that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless you see the house display.
- Enter your Google Account data and take keep an eye on over your instrument when the Carbon KitKat house monitor seems.
I’m hoping that you just’ve managed to complete the set up of this new ROM. Now you could begin checking out all of the new options and notice how is your tool working with Carbon ROM.
If the primary set up strive fails, you then repeat the information or ask for extra lend a hand in feedback.
If the primary boot course of fails to load or the telephone enters right into a boot loop, then you could repeat the academic. Be sure that in the event you repeat the information, then you definately received’t skip any steps and you are going to observe the Wipe Information/ Manufacturing facility Reset. Ascertain that course of and after that it might be good for you to take a look at and practice the ‘layout /machine’ possibility. If the academic fails, then that you could go away an in depth remark and we will be able to attempt to give you options on your issues.
NOTE: In the event you can not full the set up, the cellphone doesn’t boot with the brand new ROM or, it boots however you don’t like how your cellphone works with it, then that you could all the time restoration the instrument to its earlier OS the usage of the file created in step 6.
Additionally, needless to say this construct of Carbon KitKat shouldn’t be an reputable replace by means of Samsung, because of this that you’re going to set up it at your chance.