It used to be an important week on the planet of Android, as Google introduced its plans to dump Motorola to the Chinese language-based totally Lenovo firm. No actual thought as to what Lenovo intends to do with Motorola, however unless the deal goes thru with approvals, it’s industry as typical. We have now an AT&T LG G Flex in the home, which we did a fingers-on with, so which you can predict to look a full overview for that cellphone subsequent week. In different large information, Samsung and Google struck a deal, one which would possibly contain Samsung axing its personal proprietary device suite, however full small print are scarce.
Extra information popped up concerning HTC’s subsequent flagship, as it’s being pronounced that the instrument will function on-monitor buttons; a real first for the corporate which has all the time been excited by capacitive contact buttons. To high off a perfect week, we additionally took a tour of an area wooden quilt firm’s manufacturing facility known as Toast, right here in Portland. They’re doing nice work, so indubitably provide that a learn.
Listed here are the highlights if you happen to overlooked them.
- Watch: Droid Life Show: Special Lenotorola Edition [Subscribe]
- Video: LG G Flex unboxing and hands-on.
- Video: BLU Life One X unboxing and hands-on.
- Droid Life’s top 5 Android apps for January.
- Droid Life’s top 5 Android games for January.
- Google announces intent to sell off Motorola to Lenovo.
- Everything you need to know about the “Lenotorola” deal.
- Nexus 5 in Red to hit Google Play next week, February 4.
- Our first look at a Nexus 5 in Red press render.
- HTC’s next flagship to feature on-screen buttons.
- Google and Samsung talk bloatware, apparently strike a deal to tone it down.
- After Motorola’s departure, Google will use Nest as its hardware maker.
- We addressed rumors that Google is looking to kill off the Nexus program in 2015.
- Is Microsoft truly eyeing Google’s Sundar Pichai for its CEO position?
- Samsung to show off its own Galaxy Glass headset at IFA this year.
- Latest Samsung leak points to fingerprint scanner and 2K display.
- We took an awesome tour of the Toast wood cover factory in Portland, OR.
- Oh, do you want $ 50 in Google Play credit? Enter our contest that ends on Monday.
Have an ideal weekend, other people!