VanirAOSP is a brand new Android 4.4.2 custom ROM that has been launched for the Galaxy S2 I9100G device. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the installation in under five minutes.
This custom ROM has been created by a group of developers called TeamVanir, it packs tons of features and improvements that should give you a great way to test a KitKat ROM on your phone. More info about VanirAOSP KitKat can be found at this XDA thread here. Read the guidelines below before starting the updating process for your device:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G — the TI OMAP model.
– do not attempt to update any other smartphone with the files that you will find in this post, as you will end up bricking your smartphone.
- Your phone has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM Recovery image.
– note that the TWRP Recovery will also work if it is updated to its latest version.
- It is highly important for you to try and create a full NANDROID ROM backup for the installed OS.
– this will create a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– do not skip this step, as you will find in the tutorial part of this post.
- Factory Reset has to be applied, too. This will wipe all data from system partition, but the files stored on the internal / external storage will not be affected by the process.
– Factory Reset step is found in the tutorial, you won’t miss it.
- Backup data from installed applications and SMS text messages using the Helium tool for Android.
- Sync your important Contacts info with your Gmail account.
– guide here if you don’t know how to do it.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- The Galaxy S2 battery charge level should be over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and note that you cannot blame us in case you brick the device or lose any important data in the process.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you can always choose for extra help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, you can continue to the next part of this guide and learn how to update your device with a brand new Kitkat custom ROM.
Remember that this is not an official Samsung OTA Update, but a small custom ROM that offers you the possibility to test one of the latest Android operating systems.
- Download the custom ROM zip from here.
– make sure to download the latest build available.
- Download Gapps for this custom ROM from here.
- Use the USB Cable and fix your cellphone to your pc, then replica each information to its interior storage.
– after the information are copied to your Galaxy S2 you could disconnect the cellphone from pc.
> don’t unzip the contents of this zip file.
- Energy off your tool now.
- Now you could boot the cellphone in CWM Restoration / TWRP Restoration:
– press and dangle Extent Up, Residence and Energy, all buttons on the comparable time.
> free up the buttons when the customized Restoration display seems.
- First it is very important create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: choose ‘backup and fix’, supply a reputation for the file and ensure course of.
– TWRP: press Backup, title the file after which swipe to substantiate course of.
- Practice the Manufacturing facility Reset to your tool:
– CWM: make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’, then verify course of.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to verify manufacturing facility reset.
> get to the next move whilst you’re finished.
- Now that you would be able to flash the logo new Customized ROM:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. In finding the VanirAOSP file and ensure the set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the ROM file and swipe to verify course of.
> don’t press any buttons unless the brand new ROM is put in efficiently.
- Use the identical choices as in step eight and flash the Gapps zip file.
- When all recordsdata are put in you wish to return to the primary customized Restoration monitor.
- Reboot the Galaxy S2 I9100G in standard mode now.
> be aware that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons except you see the house monitor of VanirAOSP.
- When you’ve managed to complete set up appropriately you are going to see the house display. Use your Google Account data and take keep watch over over your instrument now.
These had been all of the steps that you just needed to take so as to efficiently replace your smartphone. If the primary set up try fails you must attempt to repeat the complete tutorial, however you wish to just remember to gained’t skip any steps that I’ve listed above together with Manufacturing facility Reset.
For those who make a decision to repeat the information, then remember to follow Manufacturing unit Reset together with the ‘structure /machine’ possibility. If you would like any additional assist then you definitely must ask for lend a hand in feedback.
If you happen to don’t like how VanirAOSP works together with your Galaxy S2 I9100G, then that you could at all times repair the cellphone to its earlier OS the use of the step 6 NANDROID ROM Backup file and the identical customized Restoration Mode.