MoKee Open Source ROM is another Android 4.4.2 that you can test with your Galaxy S2 I9100G. Use this post and learn how to successfully install it on your device.
This custom ROM features elements from CyanogenMod, OmniROM, Slim AOSPA, Paranoid Android and other popular custom ROMs. You can learn more about it by visiting the XDA thread here. In order to make sure that the installation of this new ROM will be applied at your first attempt, you will have to take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G.
– do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post, not even the Galaxy S I9100, as you will brick its firmware.
- This guide will work with your phone if your device is already running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery build.
– make sure that the custom Recovery is updated to its latest version, as otherwise you cannot flash KitKat custom ROMs.
- The tutorial contains info on how to create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM, which is why you shouldn’t skip such process.
– it will set a restore point for your phone, one that you can use in case the device doesn’t boot with the new ROM.
- Factory Reset is also needed for a clean installation.
– factory reset wipes all data from system partition, while leaving the internal / external storage unaffected.
– do not skip this step as it is listed in the tutorial.
- Backup data from installed apps and SMS text messages with Helium tool for Android — link here.
- Sync Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
– guide here if you don’t know how to do it.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This is a post for advanced users, do not skip any steps that I’ve listed in this post and make sure to ask for more help in comments in case you cannot complete the guide.
- Check your phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the installation.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to correctly configure your device with the installation process.
- Download the custom ROM zip file from here.
– make sure to download the latest build.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Join your Galaxy S2 to your pc, then transfer each zip recordsdata to your telephone’s inside storage.
– don’t unzip the archived zip information.
> disconnect the cellphone from PC when the information are copied efficiently.
- Energy off your tool now totally.
- Now you need to boot the smartphone in CWM / TWRP Restoration Mode.
– it may be finished should you press and cling Quantity Up, Residence and Energy buttons, all on the comparable time.
> unlock the buttons when the principle Customized Restoration reveal seems.
- First, create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the put in OS:
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and fix’, identify the file after which ascertain course of.
– TWRP: press Backup, title the file and swipe to verify backup.
> proceed to your next step when carried out.
- Subsequent you wish to Manufacturing unit Reset your smartphone:
– CWM: make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’, ascertain course of.
– TWRP: press Wipe after which swipe to verify Manufacturing unit Reset.
> don’t skip this step.
- Flash the brand new construct of MoKee Kitkat customized ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100G:
– CWM: make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. In finding the ROM zip file and make sure course of.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the ROM file. Swipe to substantiate set up.
> don’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- After the ROM is flashed you want to repeat step eight moves and set up Gapps zip.
- When all information are put in you want to return to the principle customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your smartphone in commonplace mode.
– the primary boot strategy of MoKee Open Supply Kitkat ROM will take a little time to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- Enter your Google profile data and take regulate over your software as soon as once more.
– now you could begin trying out the entire new options and capabilities.
I am hoping that you simply’ve managed to complete set up for this new ROM and that now you’re already customizing its interface.
Notice that in case the primary boot course of fails to load in beneath ten minutes, the software enters right into a boot loop or it freezes, then you’re going to be compelled to repeat the whole tutorial as soon as once more. In the event you make a decision to repeat the information, then it’s important to just remember to gained’t skip any steps and that you’re going to practice ‘Manufacturing unit Reset’. Along with the Manufacturing facility Reset motion you will have to additionally attempt to practice ‘structure /machine’ course of, which is a complicated possibility and you’ll discover it in the identical Customized Restoration menu.
When you don’t like how the brand new ROM works together with your instrument, then it is very important repair the telephone to its earlier OS the usage of the NANDROID Backup file created in step 6. For different questions concerning the set up course of you should use the feedback box beneath.