Use this tutorial if you wish to discover ways to efficiently replace your Galaxy S2 I9100G with the emblem new Avatar Android four.four customized ROM. It is a information for evolved Android customers, which is why you must best use it for those who’re a complicated consumer and you wish to have to tinker along with your smartphone’s OS.
For more information relating to this free up you will have to check out this XDA thread here. Before starting the update you need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100G.
– don’t attempt to update any other Android devices with the files that are listed in the tutorial, as you will brick the system.
- The Galaxy S2 I9100G has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery version.
– if the custom Recovery is not updated, then you won’t be able to flash a custom KitKat ROM.
- Make sure not to skip the step that tells you to create a full NANDROID Backup of the installed Galaxy S2 I9100G ROM.
– that process sets a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode with Avatar KitKat build.
- Also, a factory Reset is required for your device prior to installing the new ROM.
– this step is listed in the tutorial too.
– note that the Factory Reset process will delete all data stored on the system partition, but it will leave the internal and external storage unaffected.
- Backup data from installed Android programs and apps along with SMS text messages using the Helium tool — link here.
- Sync your Contacts info with your Gmail account using the guide here.
- Enable the USB Debugging option for your phone from Developer Options menu.
- Check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 40%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- This post is for advanced users, read the entire guide and don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed in the tutorial.
- If you have problems with the installation you can ask for more help in comments.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully setup your smartphone for the installation process.
- Download the ROM zip from here.
- Download the Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Join your software to your PC, transfer each zip recordsdata to your Galaxy S2 inside storage.
– don’t unzip the archived recordsdata.
> disconnect the cellphone from PC when all information are copied efficiently.
- Energy off the instrument.
- Boot it in CWM or TWRP Restoration Mode, because it relies which one is put in on it.
– customized Restoration will also be booted the usage of the Quantity Up, Dwelling and Energy buttons concurrently.
> liberate the buttons when the primary menu of the Restoration mode seems.
- Create now a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM:
– CWM: make a choice ‘backup and repair’, you then wish to title the file and ensure for the method to start out.
– TWRP: press Backup, supply a title for the backup file, and swipe to verify course of.
- Subsequent, practice the Manufacturing facility Reset to your tool.
– CWM: choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’. Verify.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to verify the Manufacturing facility Reset.
> proceed to the next move when achieved.
- Set up the brand new Avatar ROM now:
– CWM: make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’. To find the ROM file and make sure course of.
– TWRP: press Set up, then it is very important to find the zip. Swipe to verify set up.
> don’t press any buttons except the method is full.
- After the ROM is put in you want to flash Gapps zip too. Use the identical movements because it step eight.
- When all recordsdata are flashed that you may get again to the primary customized Restoration monitor.
- Reboot your tool in Commonplace Mode:
– observe that the primary boot course of takes some time earlier than it masses all of the new recordsdata, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons except the principle residence display of Avatar KitKat ROM seems.
- Use your Google Account information with a view to take keep an eye on over your Galaxy S2 as soon as once more.
These have been the directions that you simply needed to practice with a view to full the set up of this new ROM.
If the primary boot course of doesn’t full at your first try, then it will be right for you to check out and repeat your complete tutorial. Customized ROMs would possibly no longer all the time set up on the first strive, which is why that you would be able to repeat the information by way of to ensure that you received’t skip any steps which might be listed above.
For those who come to a decision to repeat the information, then you definitely wish to guarantee that the Manufacturing facility Reset step is utilized efficiently. Additionally, in addition to Manufacturing unit Reset that you would be able to make a selection to use the ‘Structure /machine’ motion too. Ask for any further lend a hand in feedback and we will be able to remember to give you options for any issues that you just’ll come across on your quest to replace the cellphone.
NOTE: in case you don’t like the brand new Avatar ROM or its options, then you should utilize the NANDROID ROM Backup file and repair your tool to its earlier OS state.