Mackay Android 4.4.2 ROM is a new release for the Galaxy S I9000 device and you can use this post in order to learn how to successfully update it.
This custom ROM named Mackay is based on AOSP Android 4.4.2 and CyanogenMod 11. Install it at your own risk, as it is still in its early stage of testing and not very stable. If you want to learn more about this release, then you can read the XDA thread here. Before starting the installation you need to follow the guidelines below:
- Use the guide only for the Galaxy S I9000.
– don’t attempt to update any other Android devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- The Galaxy S that you’re about to update with a custom KitKat ROM should be rooted and running a CWM Recovery image.
– make sure that the custom Recovery is updated to its latest build, so that it supports flashing KitKat ROMs.
- It is recommended for you to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the installed OS.
– this will create a complete restore point for your Galaxy S, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– do not skip this step when you reach it in the tutorial.
- Factory Reset is also needed, but you need to know that it will wipe all data from system partition.
- Factory Reset doesn’t delete data from internal / external storage.
– this step is listed in the tutorial, so you won’t miss it.
- If you want to backup data from installed apps ans SMS Text Messages then you can use Helium ( guide here ).
- Sync all your Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
– guide here if you don’t know how to do it.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the phone won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and don’t blame us in case something goes wrong during the installation.
– we won’t be held responsible in case you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Use the comments field in case you need extra help.
Now you can get to the next part of this post and learn how to update your smartphone with a brand new KitKat custom ROM.
- Download the ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Join the telephone to your PC after which transfer each zip recordsdata to its inside card.
– disconnect the telephone from PC when the recordsdata are copied efficiently.
> don’t unzip the archived information.
- Energy off your Galaxy S now.
- Now you need to boot the cellphone in CWM Restoration:
– press and grasp Extent Up, Residence and Energy buttons unless the primary customized Restoration reveal hundreds.
– free up the buttons handiest when the customized Restoration menu seems.
- First, create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the put in ROM:
– choose ‘backup and fix’, title the file and make sure the method.
- Subsequent, follow the Manufacturing unit Reset in your cellphone:
– choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’, ascertain.
- Now which you could set up the customized ROM:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’ and also you want to to find the Mackay KitKat zip.
> verify set up after which get to your next step.
- Use the identical moves as in step eight, however this time it’s a must to flash the Gapps zip.
- When all recordsdata are put in you will have to return to the primary customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your telephone in commonplace mode now.
– be aware that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless it hundreds all information.
- Use the Google Account small print to be able to take keep an eye on over your Galaxy S I9000.
When you’ve got every other questions otherwise you require any additional assist putting in the brand new ROM, then you should use the feedback container under.