Galaxy Note 3, the AT&T model of the phablet, will receive the OTA Android 4.4.2 KitKat update during the following days. How do we know that? Well, the official firmware has been already leaked and it is dubbed as AUCUCMLG. Now, if you want to flash the Android 4.4.2 OS on your AT&T Note 3 ahead of official OTA roll out, you can choose to use this tutorial as during the guidelines from below you will be able to learn how to manually install the leaked AUCUCMLG KitKat ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900A.
A leaked firmware isn’t representing a custom ROM firmware developed by third party devs. The leaked OS is actually the official update that will be OTA launched soon. But why leaked? Well, in our case Samsung just provided the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Note 3, but those of AT&T are still keeping the AUCUCMLG software away from the actual users of the phablet. Then, if we are to think on the OTA, the same will be offered gradually and in phases which mean that not all the users will receive the KK flavor at the same time.
So, a perfect solution for you is the manual update procedure, which is explained during the present step by step guide. Now, installing leaked and also official AUCUCMLG Android 4.4.2 OS on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be an easy task to perform, though there are some things to check out before. We are still dealing with a manual method, so the same can be somehow risky – because of that don’t apply things by yourselves, at least not until checking out the lines from this tutorial.
The AUCUCMLG Android 4.4.2 system is stable and promises to be a smooth OS, optimized especially for the Note 3. According to those who have already flashed the firmware, with AUCUCMLG, the Note 3 is running faster, the battery life has been significantly improved and all the KK features, apps and capabilities are working without problems. Also, there have been added several stability improvements so you should have no problems on running this new software that after all is bringing everything that’s new on the Android platform, and what since now has been available only for Nexus devices.
If you have decided to complete this tutorial, then first you have to know that the same is compatible with both rooted and un-rooted AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Unfortunately, if you have a rooted device, after performing the steps from below the root access will be revoked and the bootloader of your phablet relocked. Don’t worry though as the devs will provide us a new root procedure that will be suitable with the new Android 4.4.2 AUCUCMLG firmware. But until then you will be running on the stock Android OS without root permission.
For completing this installation operation you will have to use Odin. As you might know, Odin is an official program that is provided by Samsung and use for different operations though mainly it is recommended to use Odin when applying official or stock Android updates. So, you have nothing to worry about on that matter. What you need to do before going any further is to backup the Note 3 data because the same might get corrupted or even wiped out (unlikely, but better to be safe than to risk it all). The backup process can be easily performed as there more than enough apps on Google Play that can be downloaded anytime for saving the contacts, market apps, personal data, accounts EFS and so on.
Of course a computer, based on Windows, will be required, while your phablet and its USB cord must be near you. You will connect the mentioned devices, so on your AT&T Note 3 the USB debugging option must be enabled – ensure that by going to path “menu –settings – developer options”. Since the update operation will take a while, the best will now be to charge your device – do that especially if the battery status is currently indicating less than 50% power left. On both computer and smartphone all the security tools must be temporarily deactivated as these programs might interfere with our work.
This tutorial is compatible only with the AT&T version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 – model number N900A. So, the AUCUCMLG Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware file has been leaked only for the mentioned Android device; because of that don’t use the steps from below in case you own a different or similar Android smartphone or tablet as you can end up in bricking your handsets.
- Download the Android firmware from this page; save it on your computer.
- Then, download Odin and unzip the file on desktop.
- Unzip the update file on the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Install the Note 3 drivers on your PC – use Samsung KIES with a view to succeed in the identical.
- Run Odin in your PC.
- Flip off your phablet.
- Reboot in obtain mode; so as to take action press and grasp energy, quantity down and residential buttons collectively for a couple of seconds.
- With the cellphone booted in obtain mode and with Odin working for your pc, join your units – use the USB cable for setting up the connection.
- Now, Odin will “be in contact” together with your Android handset; if the whole lot works as anticipated, on Odin the “brought” message might be displayed and the ID:COM part will flip yellow or blue.
- If now not you’ll have to reflash the drivers for your laptop; then re-are trying the steps from above except the whole thing is working as described.
- From Odin now make a choice “PA”. A brand new window will open.
- From there choose the leaked Android four.four.2 AUCUCMLG firmware file out of your PC.
- Set up the replace to your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Word three by using clicking on “begin” (you mustn’t trade anything on Odin).
- Simply sit down again and calm down whereas the instrument is being flashed.
- In spite of everything, when on Odin the “cross” message might be displayed and when the ID:COM will flip inexperienced, you wish to unplug the USB twine and reboot your instrument.
- Revel in.
Just right job; you’ve got manually up to date your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Observe three to Android four.four.2 KitKat OS by using the usage of our devoted step-by-step information. The Android four.four.2 AUCUCMLG firmware represents a leaked replace, so check the brand new device to be able to see the way it performs to your phablet. Then, use the feedback container from beneath and share your expertise with our group or with different customers who would possibly wish to use the rules from above.