The Galaxy S4 I9500 International model can now be updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using a custom ROM, the Unofficial CarbonROM build. Read this entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I’ve listed below, so that the installation will complete at your first attempt.
This is a custom ROM that is based on Carbon build, you can learn more about it by visiting the XDA thread here. If you want to complete the installation at your first attempt, then it would be best for you to take a look at the preparation info below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9500 – it is the Exynos model.
– don’t try to flash the files that you’ll find in this post for any other Android device, not even for the Galaxy S4 LTE variant.
– if you install this ROM on any other Galaxy S4 model, then you will brick its firmware.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
– TWRP Recovery will work too.
– make sure that whatever custom Recovery version is installed on your Galaxy S4, then you have updated it to its latest build.
- Use the NANDROID ROM Backup tutorial step in order to create a full restore point for your smartphone.
- Factory Reset is required for your device, which is why you shouldn’t skip the step when you reach it.
– this process wipes all data from installed apps.
– Internal / External storage cards will not be wipes by Factory Reset.
- Backup data from installed apps and SMS text messages with Helium – Guide here.
- Sync all your Contacts info and People details with your default Gmail account.
– guide here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This is a post for advanced users, don’t blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data files.
- Check the phone’s battery power, make sure that it is over 50%. This will prevent the device from switching off in the middle of the updating process.
- Read the entire guide and don’t skip any steps.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to flash a KitKat custom ROM.
- Download the ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps zip for this ROM from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC, then move both zip files to your smartphone’s internal storage.
– don’t unzip the contents.
– disconnect the phone from PC when both file are transferred.
- Power off your Galaxy S4 now.
- Next, boot the device in CWM Recovery Mode.
– TWRP will work too if you carefully select the corresponding actions.
– guide here for people who don’t recognize the right way to boot a customized Restoration Mode.
- Whilst you’re on the major CWM Restoration menu you’ll have to create a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM:
– make a choice ‘backup and repair’, then retailer the file to your telephone’s interior or exterior storage.
- Follow Manufacturing facility Reset in your tool:
– choose ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’, verify.
- Set up the ROM for your Galaxy S4 now:
– make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’.
– to find the ROM zip file and ensure its set up.
- After the Unofficial Carbon KitKat ROM is put in you’ll have to repeat step eight movements so as to set up Gapps zip, too.
- When all recordsdata are put in it’s a must to return to the primary customized Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your instrument now.
– the primary boot course of takes a couple of minutes to load, which is why you must wait with out urgent any buttons.
- Enter the Google profile data with the intention to acquire keep an eye on over your software.
– begin checking out all of its new options.
I am hoping that you just’ve managed to finish the set up. For every other questions or further assist you should utilize the feedback container under.