Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS is finally here for the AT&T users of the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. Samsung had developed the OTA update and even though the same isn’t yet available, we will be checking on how to flash a leaked version of the OTA build – dubbed as UCUFMLD – on your Galaxy S4 I337. So this tutorial will take you through the manual update procedure of official – though still leaked – Android 4.4.2 KitKat UCUFMLD firmware on AT&T Galaxy S4.
A leaked software update represents and official OS that hasn’t been yet OTA rolled out. So, even though Samsung released the UCUFMLD OS, AT&T is still keeping this update away from the Galaxy S4 users. Anyway, since we have the firmware file, we can safely show you how to manually install the same on your Android device. Again, the UCUFMLD Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS represents the official update expected by all of us and not another custom ROM firmware. Because of that, for completing this guide you will not have to use complex or custom apps that might damage your device.
Anyway, this is still a manual flashing procedure, so the best will be to check all the guidelines described here. Else, you can somehow mess things up which means that you can end up in bricking your Galaxy S4. Therefore avoid the unpleasant situations by consulting the present step by step guide. The best is that since UCUFMLD Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS is the official update, by installing the same you will not lose the warranty of your SGS4 I337. Furthermore, on this tutorial it isn’t required a rooted Android device.
By the way, the procedure from below can be applied for both rooted and un-rooted Galaxy S4 as the UCUFMLD Android 4.4.2 OS will anyway reinstall the factory restrictions on your phone. Furthermore, after following this guide, if you own a rooted device, the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked. Because of that, updating with UCUFMLD OS means that you can restore the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy S4 – in case the warranty has been voided (usually that happens when gaining root access or when updating with a custom ROM software).
As for the UCUFMLD KitKat update, you should know that it has been leaked only a few moments ago. Also, according to those who have already flashed the firmware on their AT&T Galaxy S4, the ROM is smoothly running as there are no bugs, issues or things that aren’t working properly. Furthermore, the OS comes with several stability improvements along with all the Android 4.4.2 features, apps and capabilities that are currently available only for the Nexus devices.
If you want to enjoy all that ahead of OTA release, do flash the leaked version of the KitKat OS. As you will see, the installation procedure can be safely completed even by a newbie as Odin will be used. Odin is an official app, developed by Samsung and used especially on this type of operations. But before starting the proper update guide, let’s take a look over the pre requisites from below – don’t go any further without reading the lines from below.
- You need to backup your data which is saved on the internal storage memory of your device. I know that it is unlikely to lose your data while using Odin for flashing an official update, but in rare cases the system is wiped or the data gets corrupted.
- So, for avoiding these unpleasant situations, you should use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play (don’t worry, the tools are free distributed ones) for saving your market apps, contacts, text messages, personal info and accounts, EFS folder and everything else you might need or use afterwards.
- You need to use a Windows based computer, because Odin can be installed only on the same; furthermore your AT&T Galaxy S4 and its USB cable will also be required.
- On the computer and preferable also on your phone you need to deactivate the security protection by temporarily disabling the antivirus, antimalware and Firewall programs.
- A connection between your handset and your computer will have to be established; because of that now you should enable USB debugging on your device by going to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- If your phone gets turned off in the middle of the update operation you will risk in bricking the same. Because of that, before going any further, check the battery status of your smartphone: if there is less than 60% power left plug in the charger.
- The Android 4.4.2 KitKat UCUFMLD firmware has been leaked only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 – AT&T I337 model. So, the steps from below are compatible only with the mentioned Android device.
- From here download the update file and place the same on your computer.
- On the same computer download Odin.
- Also, install Galaxy S4 drivers on your PC; you can do that by using Samsung KIES.
- Now, unzip Odin and set up this system.
- Additionally, unzip the firmware file on the identical folder as Odin.
- Run Odin for your PC.
- Flip off your telephone as you wish to reboot it in obtain mode.
- For obtain mode press and cling energy, extent down and residential buttons on the related time for a couple of seconds.
- Join your Galaxy S4 along with your laptop by the use of USB cable.
- On Odin now you will have to see the “brought” message displayed; additionally the ID:COM part will have to be yellow or blue.
- If no longer, you’ll have to unplug the USB wire and shut Odin. Attempt to reinstall the drivers to your PC after which repeat the steps from above.
- Up subsequent, from Odin you want to make a choice the “PA” choice.
- From the window to be able to be displayed choose the Android four.four.2 KitKat UCUFMLD leaked replace file.
- Follow the ROM for your Galaxy S4 by using clicking on the “begin” button (don’t make some other adjustments on Odin).
- Wait whereas the flashing course of is working.
- After all, if the whole thing went as anticipated, on Odin the “move” message can be displayed and the ID:COM part will flip inexperienced.
- Just right; now unplug the USB twine and reboot your smartphone as you might be performed.
Congratulation, you have got ultimately up to date your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 to legit Android four.four.2 KitKat OS. Understand that the UCUFMLD firmware is simplest the leaked device, so the ROM isn’t but OTA on hand on your cellphone. That was once fascinated about now, however keep shut as additional tutorials might be developed in your Android instrument.