MoKee Open Source Android 4.4.2 custom ROM is now available for the Galaxy S4 I9500. Read this entire post and make sure not to skip any steps that I’ve listed in the tutorial if you want to successfully install the ROM successfully.
Mokee ROM is based on AOSP Android 4.4.2 and CyanogenMod 11 builds. If you want to learn more about this release, then you can check the info listed at the XDA thread here. Read the guidelines below before starting the installation process of MoKee KitKat ROM on your phone:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number I9500 – that would be the Exynos 5 Octa CPU variant.
– don’t attempt to update the I9505 Snapdragon model with the files that you’ll find in this post.
- your device has to be rooted and running the latest build of CWM Recovery.
– TWRP Recovery should also work with this post.
- NANDROID ROM Backup is required for your device, don’t skip the step when you reach it in tutorial.
– this will create a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
- Factory Reset is needed for this tutorial, so you shouldn’t skip it.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from system partition.
– internal / external storage won’t be affected by this process which is why you should apply it worries.
- if you want to backup data from applications that are installed on your device, then it would be best for you to use the Helium tool — Guide here.
- Sync all the Contacts info with your default Gmail account.
– guide here for those of you that don’t know how to save phone numbers and people details info.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Check the phone’s battery level and make sure that it is over 40%, this will prevent the device from switching off in the middle of the installation process.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and don’t blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important data files.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then it would be best if you’d ask for extra help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully update your smartphone with a brand new KitKat ROM.
Remember that this is not an official CM 11 build, but a custom build created by an XDA member and developer.
- Download the Custom ROM zip from here.
- Download the Gapps for Android 4.4.2 ROMs from here.
- Connect your device to your PC and then move both zip files to your device’s internal storage.
– disconnect your device from computer when the files are copied successfully.
> do not unzip the archived files.
- Power off your phone now completely.
- Boot it into CWM / TWRP Recovery Mode
> guide here if you happen to don’t recognize methods to manually boot Restoration Mode for Galaxy S4.
- Very first thing that you simply wish to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
– CWM: make a selection ‘backup and repair’, title the file and make sure backup.
– TWRP: press Backup, then supply a reputation for the file and swipe to verify course of.
- Subsequent, follow the Manufacturing unit Reset to your smartphone:
– CWM: choose ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, verify course of.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to substantiate Manufacturing unit Reset.
> don’t skip this step.
- Now which you could at last flash the emblem new customized ROM on your tool:
– CWM: make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’ > in finding the MoKee ROM file and make sure set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, browse your cellphone’s interior storage for the MoKee ROM file. Swipe to put in.
> don’t press any buttons except the method is full.
- After the ROM is put in you want to flash the Gapps zip.
– use the identical choices because it step eight.
- Return to the primary customized Restoration display in the end information are put in.
- Reboot your Galaxy S4 I9500 now in commonplace mode.
> be aware that the primary boot means of MoKee will take at the least 5 minutes to load the house monitor.
- Use your default Google Account small print so as to take keep watch over over your smartphone.
– now that you may begin checking out the entire new options and capabilities.
I feel that these had been all of the steps that you simply needed to take so as to full the set up of this model new Kitkat ROM in your Galaxy S4.
In the event that your telephone doesn’t full the set up or it can’t boot in standard mode, then it could be best possible so that you can retry the whole tutorial. Should you repeat the information, then it might be very best to not skip any steps listed above, you’ll want to follow ‘manufacturing unit reset’. Additionally, you may want to check out to use ‘structure /gadget’ choice.
Should you don’t like this new ROM and also you’ve created a NANDROID ROM Backup to your tool in step 6, then which you can fix the cellphone to its earlier ROM. For some other questions use the feedback container beneath.