Resurrection Remix is a brand new custom ROM that is based on Android 4.4.2. It can now be installed on your Galaxy S2 using the instructions that I’ve listed in this post.
The ROM has been posted to XDA by “westcrip” and it is fully functional. It packs tons of features from AOSP Android 4.4.2 along with some other components that you can find in CyanogenMod and AOKP builds. Before starting the installation process you should take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only with Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– this is the Exynos model, not the I9100G TI OMAP one, so you shouldn’t try to flash the files that you’ll find in this post on any other Android devices.
- The Galaxy S2 that you’re about to update should be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
– both CWM and TWRP are supported by this guide, but the instructions are written for CWM.
– if you want to use TWRP, then you should carefully apply the corresponding actions, as the actions are very similar.
- Create a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM.
– this will set a restore point for your smartphone, so that you’ll be prepared in case something goes wrong, your phone might not boot, and you will need a way out.
– this step is listed in the tutorial, too, so you won’t miss it.
- A ‘Factory Reset’ is required for this guide, so that the new ROM will install successfully at the first attempt.
– Factory Reset process will wipe all data from your system partition, which means that you will lose installed apps data and all the other system files.
– Factory Reset doesn’t delete contents from internal nor external storage.
– this step is listed in the tutorial.
- You can backup data from installed applications and SMS text messages using the Helium tool here.
- Sync Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
– if you don’t know how to do it, then you can find more info here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- This is a post for advanced users, do not blame us in case something goes wrong and you brick the phone or lose any important data in the process.
- Check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the device won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed below.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you should try more than once and ask for more help in comments.
Now that you’ve gone past all of the above, continue to the next part of this guide and learn how to flash a new KitKat custom ROM for your smartphone.
- Download the ROM from here.
– make sure to download the latest build available.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Join your Galaxy S2 to your PC after which transfer each zip recordsdata to your smartphone’s inside storage.
– disconnect your cellphone from PC when the recordsdata are copied efficiently.
> don’t extract the archived zip contents.
- Energy off your Galaxy S2 now.
- Subsequent, boot the telephone in CWM / TWRP Restoration Mode.
– it may be completed if you happen to press concurrently Quantity Up, House and Energy, all on the related time.
> liberate the buttons when the primary customized Restoration menu seems.
- First you want to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the put in OS.
– make a choice ‘backup and restoration’, identify the file and put it aside to your instrument.
- Now that you could practice the Manufacturing facility Reset:
– make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’ possibility, ascertain.
- Subsequent, set up the Resurrection Remix Android four.four.2 ROM:
– make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’ and in finding the ROM zip.
> verify set up after which wait unless the method is full.
- When the ROM is put in you want to make a choice once more ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. Flash the Gapps zip now.
- After each recordsdata are put in which you could get again to the primary restoration monitor.
- Reboot the Galaxy S2 now and wait except Resurrection Remix KitKat residence monitor seems.
> word that this primary boot will take as a minimum a number of minutes to load, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- Enter your Google Account data when the brand new dwelling monitor seems.
> take keep an eye on over your software and begin checking out all of the new options and features.
These have been the entire directions that you simply needed to practice as a way to efficiently replace your Galaxy S2 with a model new customized KitKat customized ROM. In the event you can’t full the educational, then you definately must ask for extra lend a hand in feedback.
In case you don’t like this new ROM and the way it works along with your instrument, then that you would be able to at all times make a choice to make use of the NANDROID ROM Backup file created in step 6. Use the identical customized Restoration picture when seeking to repair a ROM backup.