PA AOSPA 4+ based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat has reached its BETA 3 build. Now you can learn how to successfully update your device using this ROM and by reading all the instructions that I’ve listed in this article.
More info on Paranoid Android and their work on releasing a full stable Android 4.4.2 custom ROM for your Galaxy S2 can be found at this XDA thread here or at their Google+ page here. Before starting the installation of this new ROM on your smartphone you should first take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– this is the Exynos model, not the TI OMAP I9100G.
– don’t use this post for any other Android devices, as you will end up bricking their firmware.
- The Galaxy S2 that you’re about to update has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image.
– both CWM and TWRP are supported by this tutorial, but you need to make sure that whichever you use, then it runs the latest version.
– if the Custom Recovery image is not updated to its latest version, then you cannot flash a KitKat custom ROM.
- In the tutorial you will find the NANDROID ROM Backup step, this will set a restore point for your phone, one that you can use in case the new PA AOSPA 4+ Beta 3 build doesn’t boot in normal mode or in case you simply don’t like its features.
- A ‘Factory Reset’ is always required, it will wipe all data from system partition. This process allows you to flash a brand new KitKat custom ROM on your device, so you shouldn’t skip this step.
– Factory Reset doesn’t delete files from internal nor external storage.
- If you want to backup data from installed applications or SMS text messages, then you can use the Helium tool — Guide and Download Link HERE.
- Sync all your Contacts data and People details with your Gmail account using the info listed in this post here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- Check your phone’s battery and make sure that it has at least 50% power left before it switches off completely.
- Read the entire post and make sure not to skip any steps that I’ve listed below.
- This is a guide for advanced users, do not attempt to use this guide in case you don’t know what you’re doing, as you will end up bricking the phone.
- If you cannot complete the guide, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this article and learn how to successfully update your smartphone with a brand new Android 4.4.2 custom ROM.
Remember that this is not an official KitKat update released by Samsung nor a very stable build. Expect to find errors and bugs, as this PA AOSPA 4+ ROM is still a ‘work-in-progress’. That is why you should check the XDA thread and find more info about the latest changes and applications added by this installation.
- Download the PA 4.0 BETA 3 ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this custom ROM from here.
- Join your cellphone to your PC and transfer each zip information to your tool’s interior storage.
– disconnect the telephone from PC when the switch is full.
> don’t unzip the archived ROM and Gapps information.
- Energy off your Galaxy S2.
- Now you wish to boot the telephone in CWM / TWRP Restoration Mode.
– it may be accomplished with the aid of urgent and conserving Quantity Up, House and Energy buttons all on the comparable time.
> unlock the buttons while you’re on the major customized Restoration reveal.
> word that each CWM and TWRP are working with this put up, however the information used to be best examined with CWM Restoration.
- Very first thing that you simply want to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup of the put in ROM:
– make a choice ‘backup and repair’, title the file and proceed to your next step while you’re executed.
> don’t skip this step.
- Subsequent it’s a must to practice a Manufacturing unit Reset to your smartphone.
– choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’ to your tool. Ascertain the method.
> don’t skip the ‘manufacturing facility reset’, as in any other case the brand new ROM may no longer boot in standard mode and you’re going to be compelled to repeat all the information greater than as soon as.
- Now, flash the Paranoid Android four.zero Beta three KitKat ROM to your Galaxy S2 I9100:
– make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’.
– in finding the ROM zip file and ensure its set up.
> don’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- After the ROM is flashed you could repeat step eight movements and flash Gapps zip as neatly.
- When each recordsdata are put in with success that you can return to the principle customized Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your instrument now in commonplace mode.
> observe that the primary boot means of this new ROM will take as a minimum 5 minutes to load the entire new recordsdata, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- Use your Google account data as a way to take regulate over your Galaxy S2 when the Paranoid Android Beta three KitKat residence reveal seems.
– now which you could begin trying out all the new options and features that had been put in by using this new ROM.
When you have the TWRP Restoration put in for your instrument, then you definately want to just remember to make a selection the best movements. It shouldn’t be that arduous, as CWM and TWRP choices are beautiful an identical and TWRP has a extra intuitive interface than its counterpart. In the event you can’t full the information, then that you can ask for additonal lend a hand in feedback.
NOTE: If the primary boot technique of Paranoid Android four.zero Beta three for Galaxy S2 doesn’t boot in commonplace mode, then it might be best possible so that you can retry the set up course of. Make sure you learn the complete information and now not skip any steps that I’ve listed above.
If the set up fails at your first try you then will have to boot in Customized Restoration mode and after your practice the ‘Wipe Knowledge/ Manufacturing facility Reset’ step you’re going to additionally go to Evolved settings and practice the ‘Layout /gadget’ choice. This may power your instrument in addition with the brand new ROM.
Additionally, should you don’t like this PA AOSPA four+ Beta three KitKat customized ROM or the way it works along with your Galaxy S2, then you could all the time fix the cellphone to its earlier ROM the use of the backup file created in step 6. For the repair course of you need to use the identical customized Restoration Mode.