OmniROM Android 4.4.2 Nightly builds are now available for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100. Use this tutorial and you will learn how to successfully update your smartphone with the latest KitKat custom ROM.
Remember that this is a guide for users who want to tinker with their smartphone’s interface. If you want to learn more about OmniROM team and their work on releasing one of the most popular Android 4.4.2 custom ROMs can be found at their web page here. In order to make sure that you will complete this guide at your first attempt you should first take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 model number I9100.
– this is the Exynos model, not the TI OMAP I9100G one (guide for I9100G here)
– don’t try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this article, as you will end up bricking the device.
- Your smartphone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
– if the custom Recovery is not updated to its latest build, then you won’t be able to flash any KitKat custom ROMs.
- Create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the installed Android OS, so that you will set a restore point for your smartphone.
– do not skip this step, as you won’t be able to fix your device in case the new ROM doesn’t boot correctly.
- Factory Reset is also required, this will delete all data from system partition, while the internal / external storage will not be affected by this tutorial.
– this step is listed in the tutorial too.
- Backup data from installed apps, SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: Helium customized Restoration Mode.
These have been the entire steps that you simply needed to take with a view to efficiently be capable of full the set up of OmniROM Android four.four.2 Nightly to your Galaxy S2 I9100. When you consider that this new ROM is a KitKat model, you then must predict your tool’s battery lifestyles to lower, because the ROM requires rather more energy to run.
In case the primary boot course of takes greater than ten minutes to finish or the telephone enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be compelled to repeat the whole tutorial as soon as once more. Regularly, customized ROMs may no longer set up on the first strive which is why you shouldn’t quit straight away while you hit a roadblock.
Be sure that if you make a decision to repeat your entire tutorial, then you’ll be sure that to not skip any steps that I’ve listed above. Practice the ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’ step. Moreover that you could make a choice to use the ‘forma /gadget’ choice too.
Should you don’t like this new ROM or your tool works with it, then which you can make a choice to revive the telephone to its earlier ROM the usage of the file created in step 6. Use the identical customized Restoration Mode to revive your instrument to its earlier ROM.