AOSP NeatROM is another custom KitKat 4.4.2 ROM that you can flash for your Galaxy S3 I9300. Use this post in case you want to test this new custom ROM with your phone.
AOSP NeatROM Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300 is based on SlimKat builds and its main features are as following: Real Dark Slim interface, notification drawer shortcuts, support for rebinding all hardware keys, Nova Launcher set as default, Superuser, Darker Camera, Darker Gallery, revamped lockscreen target options, wake up on charge, volume rocker wake, volume rocker music control, enable / disable support for camera widget lockscreen, power connectivity alert, ascending ringtone, mute Camera shutter sound, Quiet hours, SlimCenter, CRT screen animation, battery icons, notification transparency, QuickSettings full customization support and tons of other great features that you can discover only by testing this new ROM.
More info about this custom ROM can be found at its Galaxy S3 XDA thread here.
Before starting the installation process you will first have to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300, this is the Exynos model.
– don’t attempt to flash the files that you will find in this post on any other Android device, as you will end up bricking its firmware.
- The Galaxy S3 I9300 that you’re about to update has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image build.
– don’t use this guide in case the CWM / TWRP Recovery isn’t updated to its latest version.
> in this tutorial you will find instructions for CWM Recovery, but you can flash AOSP NeatROM with TWRP too — make sure to apply the correct corresponding actions.
- You should create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that is currently installed on your smartphone.
– this step is shown in the tutorial part, you won’t miss it.
> this will set a restore point for your phone, so you will have a way out in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
- You will also need to apply a Factory Reset for your smartphone.
– this will make sure that the new ROM will boot in normal mode after the installation is complete.
> do not skip this step, as it is listed in the tutorial.
- Backup data from installed applications, APN Internet Settings and SMS text messages using the following tools for Android: Helium Very first thing that you just wish to do is to create a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM.
– choose ‘backup and restoration’, title the file and put it aside to your tool’s inner / exterior storage.
- Now you need to observe the Manufacturing unit Reset in your Galaxy S3.
– make a selection ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, ascertain the method.
- Flash the brand new customized ROM on your tool:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ and in finding the NeatROM zip.
> verify set up.
- After the method is full you choose once more the ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ and flash Gapps zip.
- When each information are put in you will have to get again to the primary customized Restoration menu.
- Reboot your tool in commonplace mode now.
> notice that the primary boot course of takes some time ahead of loading the entire new information.
- Enter your Google Account data and take keep watch over over your software.
> take a look at all of the new options and features which can be listed on this publish.
These have been all of the steps that you simply needed to go over with a purpose to full the set up of this new ROM. Ask for additonal assist in feedback.