T-Mobile Note 3 has received the new AOKP Nightly 4.4.2 build and you can use this tutorial in order to learn how to flash it for your T-Mobile Note 3. Remember that this is guide for owners of Note 3 that want to tinker with their phone’s ROM, install it at your own risk.
For extra info on AOKP and what it has in store for you follow this link here, it will take you to AOKP blog. Before starting the installation of AOKP Nightly KitKat 4.4.2 on your device you will first have to read the guidelines below:
- This post works exclusively with the T-Mobile model of Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
– do not attempt to flash this custom ROM on any other smartphones nor tablets, as you will end up bricking their firmware.
- Your device has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM or TWRP Recovery.
> you won’t be able to flash any KitKat ROMs in case your device runs on older builds of custom Recovery.
- Create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the installed OS.
– it will create a restore point for your device, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
- A Factory Reset is also required for your device, which is why you shouldn’t skip this step.
– Factory Reset wipes all data from system partition.
– This process will not remove data from Internal / External cards.
> the step is listed in the tutorial, so you won’t miss it.
- Backup data from applications, SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: Helium Join the TMO Observe three to your PC by the use of USB Cable. Transfer each zip recordsdata to its inside storage.
> don’t unzip the archived recordsdata.
- Disconnect your telephone from PC after which energy it off.
- Boot the telephone in Customized Restoration mode.
– CWM Restoration has been examined with this information, however that you could additionally use TWRP.
> should you use TWRP, then you definately must sparsely observe all of the right corresponding movements.
- Very first thing that you just wish to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup:
– make a choice ‘backup and fix’ choice, supply a reputation for the file after which ascertain course of.
> proceed to the next move when finished.
- Subsequent, practice a Manufacturing unit Reset in your tool.
– make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’ and ensure the method.
- Now that you may flash the brand new customized ROM:
– make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’ — to find the AOKP KitKat Nightly zip and ensure set up.
> don’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- After the ROM is flashed you need to use the identical movements as in step eight and flash Gapps zip.
- When all information are put in you want to return to the principle customized Restoration monitor.
- Reboot your T-Cell Word three in commonplace mode now.
> be aware that the primary boot course of takes a number of minutes to complete, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons except you see the AOKP house monitor.
- Use your Google account data in an effort to achieve keep an eye on over your tool as soon as once more.
When you have issues with the set up or in case the method fails, then you definately must attempt to repeat whole information greater than as soon as. Additionally, use the feedback container to ask for added assist.