The official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA Update is now live for the Exynos variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Use this post if you want to learn how to successfully update your device easily using Odin and the tar.md5 file.
If you want to learn more about this release and what it brings new for your Galaxy Note 3 Exynos, then you can read our news article here.
In order to make sure that you will successfully flash the new update at your first attempt, read the guidelines below:
- Use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900, the Exynos Octa variant.
– do not attempt to flash the file you find in this post for the Note 3 LTE model, as that guide can be found here.
– do not update any other device with the files that are listed in this post.
- Make sure that your PC has all the Samsung USB Drivers installed. Download link here.
- Stop any antivirus application and the Samsung KIES from running on your computer.
– such PC apps will interfere with ODIN and it might not allow the installation of new firmware files on your Note 3.
- Note that in case your Note 3 Exynos runs on a custom ROM, then you will lose all data after using ODIN to update it to Android 4.4.2 official firmware.
– backup all your important data before starting the installation.
– Note 3 Exynos with custom ROMs will have all files deleted from system partition, while the internal and external storage will be left unaffected.
- Note 3 Exynos running stock Android OS will not be affected by the KitKat update process.
- Go to Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging option.
- Use the Helium app in order to backup data from installed apps.
– get it from Google Play Store here.
- This is a guide for advanced users, do not held us responsible in case you brick your device or lose any important data in the process.
- Check the phone’s battery power level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that the phone will not switch off in the middle of the installation of Android 4.4.2 Update.
- Read the entire post and don’t skip any steps listed in the tutorial.
Since you’ve read all of the above, now you can finally start the installation process of a brand new firmware update for your device.
- Download the N900XXUDNA6 firmware zip from here or here.
- After the download is complete you need to unzip the archived contents.
– you will get the N900XXUDNA6_N900SERDNA6_N900XXUDNA1_HOME.tar.md5 file.
– do not extract any further than that.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
– extract the contents of this zip.
- Power off your Note 3 now.
- Boot the phone in Android Download Mode.
– if you don’t know how to boot Download Mode, then you can find help here.
- Launch Odin three.09 exe for your laptop.
- Now use the USB cable and fix the Word three along with your PC.
– watch for Odin to become aware of the cellphone, then that you would be able to proceed to the next move.
> if the telephone isn’t detected with the aid of Odin, then it will be best possible so that you can re-set up the Samsung USB Drivers.
> when the whole lot is ready and the cellphone used to be identified that you could get to the next move.
- Go to Odin, click on the AP button after which load the N900XXUDNA6_N900SERDNA6_N900XXUDNA1_HOME.tar.md5
> make it possible for the Re-Partition choice is just not enabled.
> don’t exchange different default Odin settings.
- Press the START button while you’re prepared to start the set up of Android four.four.2 replace in your Galaxy Observe three Exynos.
> don’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- When the set up is completed you’ll see that ODIN shows the ‘PASS’ alert, whereas the telephone reboots in commonplace mode.
– disconnect the cellphone from PC when the Word three boot animation reveal seems.
- Look ahead to the Notice three to load the brand new residence display and after that you could start trying out the entire new options.
These have been all of the steps that you just needed to observe with a purpose to efficiently replace your smartphone. If the set up was once a hit, then which you could shut this information and begin checking out / customizing the Android four.four.2 KitKat OS. In the event you’ve encountered issues all the way through set up, learn the ‘notes’ beneath.
NOTE 1: If Odin freezes, closes rapidly or the cellphone will get blocked, then you are going to be pressured to repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more. Just be sure you received’t skip any steps that I’ve listed above and ask for assist in feedback.
NOTE 2: If Odin completes set up, however the telephone doesn’t go earlier the Samsung Galaxy Observe three animation, then you’ll have to practice a ‘manufacturing unit reset’. This course of will take away all knowledge from device partition, however it is going to drive the Word three besides in customary mode. Right here’s how to do this:
- energy off the telephone utterly.
- boot it in Inventory Restoration Mode.
– it may be achieved by using urgent and maintaining Quantity Up, Dwelling and Energy on the comparable time.
– free up the buttons when the Restoration Mode menu seems.
- make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, ascertain.
- when the method is full you want to make a choice ‘reboot device now’ and look ahead to the boot to complete.