If you need the most effective to your Android primarily based smartphone, then you definately wish to replace it to Android four.four KitKat OS. Now, try this although there isn’t an reliable OTA launched to your instrument, as that you could every time make a choice a customized ROM device. These customized updates are relatively essential because the firmware will regularly convey inventory and further Android four.four options and capabilities that can be utilized for powering up the performances of your Android smartphone. Now, if we’re to speak concerning the Sony Xperia Ion, you will have to comprehend which you could simply replace the identical to Android four.four KitKat OS by means of flashing the brand new PureSlim customized ROM firmware.
Putting in PureSlim Android four.four KitKat device in your Xperia Ion might be a very simple process to operate, as all you wish to learn about this process is being special and defined all through the rules from under. Anyway, you will have to comprehend that this step-by-step information is complicated and in addition unsafe so the steps defined right here shouldn’t be utilized with out consulting my explanations first – don’t operate issues by using yourselves as a result of that you can prove in messing issues up or in bricking your Android instrument.
PureSlim is according to the SlimKat customized ROM firmware so options can be ported from the talked about OS. Extra, PureSlim comes with Android four.four KitKat device particularly, so by means of the usage of this platform it is possible for you to to securely replace your Sony Xperia Ion to newest model of Android, and this in advance of reliable liberate. Subsequently, PureSlim isn’t representing an authentic Android four.four replace, so the identical has nothing to do with Sony or with Google. Moreover, the firmware has been developed with the aid of these of xda-builders so we now have them to thanks for the current tutorial.
With a purpose to conclude, we are able to say that PureSlim is a free aftermarket distribution of Android four.four KitKat OS, developed by using 1/3 birthday party devs and suitable together with your Xperia Ion. The ROM can be in keeping with the SlimKat device and can convey each inventory and further options, apps and capabilities to your Android software. As already talked about, these customized options can also be then used for powering up the performances of your Xperia Ion. That’s why, with PureSlim put in, your smartphone will function quicker, it is possible for you to to achieve extra energy, use an up to date internet searching expertise, revel in an upgraded battery lifestyles and operate different complicated operations to your telephone like: overclocking the CPU, removing the bloatware, add new custom programs and lot more.
According to those who have already installed Android 4.4 KitKat OS on the Xperia Ion, the PureSlim firmware is smoothly running on the same. The system is stable and comes without major bugs or issues so you can flash the ROM for a daily use. If you have decided to do so, first of all complete the pre requisites from below and then take care of the proper update procedure.
- First of all you need to unlock the bootloader of your Xperia Ion. The bootloader must be unlocked because the operations mentioned below can’t be completed on a locked Android device. Make sure to use a compatible tutorial for your Sony smartphone because unlocking the bootloader isn’t an official operation.
- Then, root your Xperia Ion. Also gaining root access is essential for us as PureSlim Android 4.4 KitKat OS can be flashed only on a rooted Android device.
- Finally, install a custom recovery image on your phone. Make sure you are flashing the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery because the present ROM can be applied only by using the same.
- These operations aren’t official. Because of that, when applying the same, the Xperia Ion warranty will get void. For restoring the warranty you will have to downgrade / update your phone to stock / official Android OS – only manually as on a rooted handset the OTA updates can’t be received.
- A backup is strongly recommended because a wipe must be performed before flashing the update on your device. So, before doing anything else save everything that’s important from you – take care only of the data that is saved on the internal storage memory of your Xperia Ion. Don’t forget to make a Nandroid backup on your way as it is quite important to save the current ROM when dealing with a custom firmware.
- Also, this is a manual installation procedure; in order to apply the steps from below you will have to use a computer, your smartphone and its USB cable.
- Then on the computer the best will be to deactivate the security protection – temporarily disable the antivirus, antimalware and the other similar programs that are currently running on your PC.
- From path “menu – settings – developer options” enable the USB debugging option on your Sony Xperia Ion.
- At the same time, you handset must have at least 60% power left; if different before going any further plug in the charger and ensure that your Xperia Ion can stay “alive” during the installation procedure from below.
- This step by step guide is compatible only with the Sony Xperia Ion. So install PureSlim Android 4.4 KitKat OS by using the steps from below, only if you own the mentioned Android based device.
- On your computer download the required files: the Android 4.4 KitKat PureSlim firmware and the Google Apps package.
- You can get the update file from here, while you can download the Google apps from here.
- Save both files on your computer and place the same on desktop – do not unzip these files.
- Now, connect your Xperia Ion with your computer.
- Establish the connection by using your phone’s official USB cable.
- Then, from computer transfer the downloaded files on your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cord – the computer isn’t useful no more.
- Turn off your smartphone because you need to enter recovery mode.
- Use how to do that by using our dedicated tutorial from here.
- Then, from restoration first wipe the information and clear cache.
- Do the wipe with the aid of choosing “wipe information manufacturing facility reset”.
- Additionally, clear the cache by way of selecting “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to primary menu of restoration.
- From there, this time make a selection “set up zip from SD card” adopted by way of “make a choice zip from SD card”.
- Decide the firmware file and set up the Android four.four replace to your Sony Xperia Ion.
- Equivalent, observe the identical step and flash Google apps package deal in your Android instrument.
- Finally, from restoration you simply have to choose “reboot machine now” and you might be completed.
Congratulations; you will have ultimately up to date your Sony Xperia Ion to Android four.four KitKat OS. In fact, a customized ROM firmware – the SlimKat based totally PureSlim platform to be extra exact – is now working to your smartphone, so the very first thing to do is to check the options, the apps and the capabilities which were utilized for your software. If you happen to in finding issues, or bugs, do use the feedback space from under for sharing the problems with us and with different customers who would possibly use this devoted step-by-step information.