Another week has passed by, but it sure was eventful. This week, Google shocked the industry with their $ 3.2 billion in cash purchase of Nest, the smart thermostat and smoke detector company. Motorola pleased the masses and announced availability for new natural backs for the Moto X, and even better yet, the company’s CEO apparently loves DL’s readers. We knew you guys were awesome.
With a new year, that means we can look forward to a ton of new devices, and the reports aren’t slowing down. There are new rumors for the Galaxy S5, HTC One follow up, as well as LG’s sequel to the popular G2 device. It should be a great year for smartphone lovers.
If you missed any of the highlights, we have them listed below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 47 [Subscribe]
- The DL Q&A Sessions – Volume 18 Answers
- Motorola finally announces availability of new wood finishes for the Moto X.
- We received clarification from Moto on what exactly these “wood finishes” consist of.
- Moto’s CEO apparently loves the DL comments section.
- Report states that the new LG G3 flagship is coming this May.
- Google bought Nest for $ 3.2 billion.
- Kellen sat down with a few Moto execs at CES and came away with a great interview.
- Sprint launching LG G Flex on January 31 online.
- Motorola and Google launch the Moto G Google Play Edition.
- Another report states that the HTC One follow-up will debut in March.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 specs reportedly confirmed.
- A few Nexus 10 (2014) renders hit the web, but we remain skeptical.
Oh, and just in case you need a new phone, we have teamed up with Cruzerlite to give away a Nexus 5. You can enter to win that right here, as the contest ends next Monday afternoon.
Have a great weekend, folks!