Even if people are anticipating the Android four.four.2 KitKat OTA replace for his or her Android primarily based units, apparently Jelly Bean remains to be the newest firmware launched available on the market. As an instance, the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE had simply bought the professional XXUBML1 Jelly Bean Android four.2.2 OTA device, which means that that KitKat remains to be a ways far from the S4 Mini customers. Anyway, due to the fact that we’re speaking about an respectable roll out, all the way through the next pointers I’ll train you learn how to manually set up the Android four.2.2 XXUBML1 firmware in your SGS4 Mini LTE.
Concerning to the upcoming Android four.four KitKat unencumber, apparently the Galaxy S4 Mini will have the ability to obtain the OTA simplest all through March, and even later, this 12 months. Except then, Jelly Bean shall be working in your cellphone, except you select a customized ROM firmware like CM11 or AOKP as a substitute. Anyway, leaving these apart, we must pay attention to the current operation which represents the guide set up process of inventory Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBML1 firmware on the LTE model of Galaxy S4 Mini.
Considering that I’ve talked about the Android four.four.2 primarily based customized ROMs, you must recognize that no longer all of the customers are appreciating the unofficial updates. So, when you do flash a customized ROM and in finding the identical unsatisfying, then which you could each time return to this tutorial for making use of the inventory and likewise reliable Android four.2.2 OS, which with the aid of the best way (and as I’ve talked about a number of occasions through now) is dubbed as XXUBML1. Moreover, this step-by-step information can be utilized if you wish to fix the guarantee of your smartphone – as you already know the guarantee regularly will get void when you root your instrument, release its bootloader and so forth.
Furthermore, because of similar causes, this tutorial is suitable with each rooted and un-rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE. In fact root get admission to isn’t required when putting in authentic updates like the current Android four.2.2 JB XXUBML1 firmware. So, in case your telephone is rooted, after making use of the rules and the steps from beneath, the root access will be revoked, the system of your device relocked and the factory and default restrictions reinstalled.
Now, if we are to discuss about the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBML1 OS you should know the following: the software is stable, comes without bugs or issues and it will smoothly run on your S4 Mini. Furthermore, the OS is bringing stock features, apps, capabilities and stability improvements so you will be enjoying the pure Jelly Bean system. With this ROM installed you will be able to receive further OTA updates – which is quite important since on rooted handsets you aren’t able to do the same (you can apply OTA updates only by manually installing the firmware).
Since we are dealing with an official update and since we are talking about a Samsung branded device, for being able to manually flash Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBML1 on your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE, Odin will be used. Odin is an official program that is developed and offered by Samsung. Therefore you will not be using custom apps for completing this guide – also a custom recovery image isn’t required on this operation.
What you do have to perform before going any further is a backup procedure. It’s true that when using Odin is quite unlikely to lose your data, but the best will be to avoid unpleasant things from happening; because of that you still have to save everything that’s important for you including text messages, call logs, internet settings, market apps, EFS folder and so on. Get the backup and restore apps from Google Play – don’t worry as you will easily find free distributed apps.
Also, before heading to the proper installation procedure you have to prepare a computer, a Windows based one as Odin can be installed only on the same. So, on the mentioned computer first deactivate (temporarily only) the antivirus, antimalware and Firewall protection. Do that because usually the security programs are interfering with the update operation. Also, since you will have to connect your smartphone with your computer, on your device go to “menu – settings – developer options” and enable the USB debugging option. Moreover, your phone must have more than 50% power left; if not the best will be to charge its battery first – it might get bricked if it gets turned off in the middle of the update procedure.
Finally, you should remember that Android 4.2.2 XXUBML1 firmware has been officially released and rolled out only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE. Therefore, this step by step guide is being compatible only with the mentioned Android based device.
- On your computer you need to download Odin.
- Unzip the file and install the same.
- Furthermore, the S4 Mini drivers must be installed on your PC. If the drivers are not there, use Samsung KIES for achieving the same.
- Finally, download the XXUBML1 firmware file from here; position the replace in your pc – most excellent on personal computer – and unzip the identical.
- Now, to your laptop run Odin.
- Flip off your smartphone.
- Boot your instrument in obtain mode: you are able to do this by way of urgent on Energy, Extent Down and Residence buttons on the similar time.
- With the handset booted in obtain mode and with Odin working to your PC you wish to join the gadgets through the usage of your telephone’s USB cable.
- Odin will attempt to acknowledge your cellphone: on this system the ID:COM part will flip yellow or blue and the “delivered” message will probably be displayed.
- If that’s now not taking place then you’ll have to repeat the steps from above – additionally attempt to reinstall the drivers to your pc.
- Just right, now from Odin make a selection the choice dubbed as “PDA”.
- Decide the XXUBML1 Android four.2.2 firmware file.
- Click on on “begin” – don’t alternate the rest on Odin.
- Now, the replace will likely be put in in your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
- Finally, on Odin the “go” message shall be displayed and the ID:COM part will flip inexperienced.
- Just right job, you might be achieved.
Congratulations; you will have up to date your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE with professional Android four.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBML1 OS. As talked about that is the inventory roll out, so your software is not going to run on a customized ROM. Additionally, this will have to be the newest JB replace so Android four.four.2 KitKat machine is on its strategy to the S4 Mini. Anyway, in spite of everything don’t omit about us and use the feedback box from under for sharing your expertise and ideas with our crew and with different customers who’re bearing in mind in the usage of this step-by-step information.