Paranoid Android team has bundled together the 2nd beta of AOSPA4+ based on Android 4.4.2 for Nexus 4. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully update your device with the files that you will find in this post.
Before starting the installation you will need to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- Use this post only for the Google Nexus 4 device.
– don’t attempt to update any other smartphone with the files that you will find in this article as you will end up bricking it.
- your device has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
– the post is supported by both CWM and TWRP Recovery and you need to make sure that whichever recovery you choose to use, then it is updated to its latest version
– if the custom Recovery image is not updated to the latest build, then the installation of Paranoid Android KitKat 4.4.2 Beta 2 ROM will not complete successfully.
- Make sure not to skip the NANDROID ROM Backup step, as that one will set a restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode after installation.
- Factory Reset is also required, this means that you will lose all data stored on the system partition.Very first thing that you simply wish to do is to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the put in ROM:
– CWM: Make a selection ‘backup and repair’, then verify.
– TWRP: press Backup, then title the file and make sure the method.
- Subsequent, practice the Manufacturing unit Reset to your tool:
– CWM: choose ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’. Verify.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to manufacturing facility reset your telephone.
- Now that you can eventually flash the emblem new PA Android four.four.2 Beta 2 ROM on your Nexus four:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. To find the zip file and ensure set up.
– TWRP: press Set up, then to find the ROM zip and swipe to substantiate course of.
- After the ROM is put in, repeat step eight movements and flash the Gapps zip file.
- When the ROM and Gapps are flashed that you can return to the primary customized Restoration monitor.
- Reboot your cellphone now in customary mode.
> notice that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless you see the house reveal.
- Use your Google Account small print and take regulate over your software as soon as once more.
– now that you simply’ve completed the set up which you could commence to check all of the options and capabilities introduced through Paranoid Android four.four.2 Beta 2 ROM.
These have been the entire steps that you simply needed to practice, now you’re free to check the ROM.
In case the primary boot doesn’t full after ten minutes, then you definitely will have to repeat your entire tutorial once more. Additionally, use the feedback container should you want any additional assist with the set up.