Galaxy S3 had received the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean touch as the XWUGML4 firmware has been OTA rolled out in India. Even though the mentioned OS is currently available for the Indian SGS3 users, you can now manually install the official XWUGML4 system on any Galaxy S3 model number I9300 by using this dedicated step by step guide. Therefore, if you want to flash the latest release of Android on your smartphone, take a look over the guidelines from below and then apply the steps explained in this tutorial.
I know that everyone is already expecting the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update, but for the same you will have to wait a little longer – only few months as the Android 4.4 OS is being expected for the Galaxy S3 during March this year. But until then, this will be the last official update released by Samsung for your device. So, if you want to receive a stable Android OS, that brings several stability improvements and some important features, do install the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XWUGML4 OS on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
The mentioned features are including the followings: support for Galaxy Gear, TRIM support, Galaxy S4 theme, new Samsung keyboard, higher GPU benchmark scores, new lockscreen (Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message), new screen modes (ported from Galaxy S4), driving mode, actionable notifications, move to SD card capability, sound and shot camera mode, new additions in notification center, tabbed interface just like the one from Galaxy S4 and lot more.
Besides these, with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XWUGML4 firmware installed on your Galaxy S3, you will be able to receive more power from your smartphone, enjoy an improved battery life and also a better Android experience as the software is stable and smooth. Of course, if you want all that, you will have to complete this tutorial for manually installing official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XWUGML4 OS on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Now, before heading to the proper steps from below, you need to prepare your phone for the installation procedure that will follow. Also, you need to check some extra info for ensuring that you are doing everything as it should. For being able to do so, first of all take a look and apply when needed the pre requisites from below.
- This tutorial is compatible with both rooted and unrooted Samsung Galaxy S3; you will flash an official update so it doesn’t matter if your phone is currently rooted or not.
- In case your device is rooted, after completing this guide, the root access will be revoked – you can try to root the new XWUGML4 system by using our dedicated one-click root procedure.
- Because of that this tutorial can be used for restoring the warranty on your Android device as usually the warranty gets void once root access is gained.
- Also, this guide should be applied if you want to replace the current ROM that is running on your Galaxy S3 with a stock and stable one.
- You need to backup the S3 data before going any further. It is unlikely to lose your data by using this guide, but in some cases your info might get corrupted. So the best will be to use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play in order to save everything that means something to you (including EFS folder).
- Then, for this tutorial a computer, your phone and its USB cable will be required.
- The computer must be based on windows as Odin (this is the program that will be used) can be installed only on the same.
- Also, on both computer and handset it is recommended to deactivate (temporarily only) the security protection.
- Furthermore, on your phone from path “menu – settings – developer options” enable the USB debugging option.
- If your S3 has less than 50% power left, you will have to plug in the charger first; you can brick your phone if it gets turned off in the middle of the update process.
- This procedure is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300 since the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XWUGML4 firmware has been OTA released only for the mentioned device.
- On your computer download Odin.
- Unzip the file and install the program on your computer.
- Then, make sure that the Galaxy S3 drivers are being installed on your PC – use Samsung KIES if not.
- Also, download the XWUGML4 update file from here – unzip the same on desktop.
- Now, run Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Enter download mode by pressing on power, volume down and home buttons at the same time.
- Then connect your phone with your computer by plugging in the USB cable.
- Now, on Odin you should see the “added” message displayed, while the ID:COM section will turn yellow or blue.
- If not, try to reinstall the drivers on your computer and repeat the steps from above.
- Up next, from Odin select “PDA”.
- Pick the update file from desktop.
- Make sure that the re partition and f. reset time options aren’t checked on Odin.
- Click on “start”.
- Wait while Android 4.3 XWUGML4 firmware is being installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- The update process will be over when on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed and when the ID:COM section will turn green.
- So, now unplug the USB cord and reboot your Android device.
Perfect. You have installed the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XWUGML4 OS on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Remember that the firmware has been OTA released on India so the update isn’t available worldwide – though you can flash the same manually by using this dedicated step by step guide. Test the new ROM and then share your thoughts with us and with the users who are considering in applying our method. Also, stay close as we will soon show you how to update your Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.