Android four.four KitKat OS has been made to be had from some time now and despite the fact that many of the Android gadgets will obtain the OTA replace ranging from February subsequent 12 months, that you could make a selection another approach by which which you can set up the KK firmware in advance of legit liberate. As an example, when you personal the Samsung Galaxy S 4G that you can simply replace to Android four.four.2 with the aid of putting in the SlimKat customized ROM tool. Smartly, in an effort to allow you to out, I’ve developed the current step-by-step information.
Via the use of the rules from beneath it is possible for you to to discover ways to safely set up SlimKat Android four.four.2 OS in your Galaxy S 4G. It is a advanced and hazardous tutorial so the very best will probably be to learn all of the strains from beneath. Additionally don’t full issues through yourselves as should you mess issues up that you can turn out in bricking your smartphone. Don’t fear although for the reason that set up process may also be simply utilized even through any person who shouldn’t be used with all these unofficial operations.
Anyway, to start with you will have to recognize that SlimKat just isn’t an reputable Android four.four.2 KitKat replace that has been launched in your Samsung Galaxy S 4G. The ROM is unofficial and represents a free aftermarket distribution of Android gadget. Moreover, the tool is being developed and supplied with the aid of these of xda-builders so we must thanks them for the current step-by-step information. On the grounds that we’re coping with a customized ROM, for with the ability to flash the identical in your Galaxy S 4G, first you’ll have to put together your cellphone for the set up process in order to practice.
However ahead of doing so, you must comprehend that SlimKat firmware is according to inventory Android four.four.2 OS. The tool will carry each inventory and further options, apps and capabilities to your Galaxy S 4G whereas you are going to be playing a customized KitKat UI because the platform is coming with its personal appears to be like and subject matters. One of the best is that this replace will optimize the performances of your cellphone; additionally with the aid of the usage of SlimKat on galaxy S 4G it is possible for you to to obtain extra energy out of your instrument together with elevated speeds and more desirable battery existence.
As I’ve talked about above, earlier than heading to the correct replace operation you want to care for the pre requisites; so observe and full the duties defined and described beneath.
- Root your Galaxy S 4G.
- Install a custom recovery image on your phone – use the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery.
- Make a backup and save everything that’s important for you like text messages, contact list, market apps, EFS folder and so on.
- Also don’t forget to save the current ROM by making a Nandroid backup.
- Make sure that you can use a computer or notebook, your smartphone and its USB cable.
- On both computer and device deactivate the security protection.
- On your phone from path “menu – settings – developer options” enable the USB debugging option.
- If on your Galaxy S there is less than 50% power left, plug in the charger before going any further.
- Use this step by step guide only if you own the Samsung Galaxy S 4G; installing SlimKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS by using the steps from below will work only for the mentioned smartphone – else you will probably end up in bricking your device.
The root operation mentioned above isn’t official and by completing the same the warranty of your Galaxy S 4G will get void. If you’re not comfortable with this aspect maybe you should stop going any further. Anyway, if you will need to you will be able to restore the warranty. For achieving the same you will have to downgrade your smartphone to stock Android OS – then the root access will be revoked and the binary flash counter reset.
- From here download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
- Also, from here download Google Apps package.
- Place these files on your computer.
- Don’t unzip the files just place it on desktop.
- Then connect your Galaxy S 4G with the PC via USB cable.
- Copy paste the downloaded files from the computer on your phone’s SD card.
- Then turn off your device.
- Enter recovery mode.
- From restoration choose “wipe knowledge manufacturing unit reset” adopted by means of “wipe cache partition”.
- Up subsequent make a selection “improve” and choose “wipe dalvick cache”.
- After that return to primary menu of restoration and make a choice “set up zip from SD card” adopted by using “make a selection zip from SD card”.
- Decide the SlimKat firmware file and follow the replace.
- Do the identical factor and set up Google apps in your S 4G.
- At last, make a choice “reboot machine now” and you might be performed.
Congratulations, you may have achieved our devoted step-by-step information. Now you understand how to simply replace Samsung Galaxy S 4G to Android four.four.2 KitKat tool. Do keep in mind that SlimKat is only a customized ROM and no longer the reliable unlock of Android OS. After checking out the brand new firmware, return right here and share your ideas and outcomes with us and with different customers who may wish to observe this tutorial.