If you wish to replace your Asus Transformer Top to Android four.four KitKat OS with out ready for the OTA to be launched, then you definately want to take a look at a customized ROM firmware. And because the talked about OTA might be rolled out ranging from February or March subsequent 12 months the most effective for you are going to be to put in the CM11 tool so one can deliver a customized model of Android four.2.2 KK OS to your Transformer Top TF201. If you wish to achieve this, then I like to recommend you to make use of and observe the rules from under because the set up process of CM eleven may also be hazardous and intricate.
Excellent; however why to make use of CM11 and no longer every other customized ROM in response to Android four.four.2 KitKat OS? Neatly, to begin with, CM is among the best possible Android replace that may be put in on each mid vary and excessive finish units. The platform can be coming with nice options and capabilities that can not be discovered on the default model of the Android gadget. These capabilities can then be used for making improvements to the performances of your Android software as with CM11 put in it is possible for you to bump the speeds of your Asus Transformer Top, improve its battery lifestyles, replace the online looking expertise and customize the appears and the Android UI.
Anyway, it will have to be clear for you that CM eleven just isn’t an reliable Android four.four.2 KitKat replace, so the firmware has nothing to do with Asus or with Google. This tool has been developed with the aid of 1/3 celebration devs and we must thank them for a similar. Sadly this variant of CM11 remains to be on building stage and in accordance to those that have flashed the ROM on the Transformer Top there are bugs and concerns associated to the digital camera (it isn’t working), GPS, some battery drain issues and different minor bugs. Don’t concern although because the devs are working as we talk in offering a steady CM11 OS to your Asus Transformer Top.
The very best is which you can take a look at this ROM with out caring that you’re going to receive a buggy Android expertise. You could make a Nandroid backup first for saving the present ROM after which which you can set up CM11 as if you’ll no longer just like the customized Android four.four.2 OS, it is possible for you to to soundly restoration the current steady Android Jelly Bean firmware – we can speak about these components somewhat bit later.
Good, now virtually the whole lot in regards to the CM eleven firmware that has been made to be had to your Asus Transformer Top. If you wish to flash the replace for your pill, then first you’ll have to full the pre requisites from under. So, care for the next record sooner than doing anything.
- Free up the bootloader of your pill; do this as a result of a customized ROM may also be put in handiest on an unlocked Android software.
- As a result of comparable causes, root your Transformer Prime. Do note that root access can be gained only on an unlocked bootloader.
- The mentioned operations aren’t official ones – you need to follow suitable step by step guides as if you somehow mess things up you can end up in bricking your handset.
- Also, by completing the operations from above the warranty of your tablet will get void. The warranty can be restored though once you revoke the root access and relock the bootloader of your Asus Transformer Prime. For doing so you just have to downgrade to stock Android OS – of course then the CM 11 Android 4.4.2 firmware will be replaced.
- Optional but recommended: do a full backup because a wipe will be required. You should backup the data which is saved on the internal storage memory of your device, including contacts list, text messages, personal info and accounts, market apps and so on.
- Install a custom recovery image, I recommend you to use the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery, on your tablet. Don’t skip this step because CM11 can be installed on your Transformer Prime only by using CWM or TWRP recovery.
- Then, use the recovery image for saving the current ROM – do the above indicated Nandroid backup.
Those were the prerequisites that must be applied if you want to safely update your Asus Transformer Prime to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS via CM 11 custom ROM. Now, since this is a manual flashing operation, you will also need to use a computer and your tablet USB cable. Then, on the computer you will use you need to temporarily deactivate the antivirus, antimalware and any other security protection – the same can interfere with the update procedure. Also, on your tablet you need to go to “menu – settings – developer options” for enabling the USB debugging option. Finally, you need to charge your device in case you notice less than 60% power left.
Don’t forget that this tutorial is compatible only with the Asus Transformer Prime model number TH201. So don’t use the steps from below for installing CM11 Android 4.4.2 on a different smartphone or tablet as you can end up in bricking your Android based device.
- First of all, you need to download the update file – go to this page.
- Then you need to get the Google Apps package – download the same from here.
- Save these files on your computer, preferable on desktop.
- Don’t unzip the files.
- Connect your tablet with the computer by plugging in the USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files from desktop on your tablet’s SD card.
- Then unplug the USB cord and turn off your device.
- Enter recovery mode.
- Clear cache and wipe knowledge by using picking “wipe knowledge manufacturing facility reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Up subsequent, return to restoration mode.
- Now make a choice “set up zip from SD card” adopted by way of “select zip from SD card”.
- Decide the replace file and flash the identical.
- Repeat the method and set up Google apps bundle for your instrument.
- In spite of everything, return on restoration mode menu and choose “reboot gadget now”.
- In case your Transformer Top will get caught in a boot loop, reboot in restoration and make a choice “wipe information manufacturing facility reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Additionally, if you wish to fix the outdated ROM, go to restoration and make a choice “backup / restoration” and observe the on-monitor prompts.
That used to be keen on lately; you have got efficiently put in Android four.four.2 KitKat primarily based CM11 customized ROM firmware in your Asus Transformer High. So check the brand new tool and share your impressions with us; additionally keep shut as additional step-by-step information might be developed in your Android pill.