CM11 is one of the best customized ROM in accordance with Android four.four KitKat OS that may be put in on virtually all of the Android based totally gadgets in the market. After we’ve got confirmed you how you can flash this firmware on a large number of smartphones and drugs, now we must head our consideration in opposition to the LG Optimus One P500 customers as all the way through the rules from beneath we can be checking on the best way to replace this smartphone to Android four.four.2 instrument by using flashing the most recent CM eleven customized ROM platform. So if you wish to reinforce the performances of your telephone and check the most recent Android OS, then it’s a must to full our devoted step-by-step information for making use of the CM11 firmware for your LG Optimus One.
Why to decide on a customized ROM? Smartly, to begin with there received’t be any Android four.four.2 OTA replace launched in your LG Optimus One. So, if you wish to take a look at the KitKat firmware to your cellphone you’ll have to set up a customized replace. Then, with a customized ROM you could experience options that can not be discovered on the default Android platform. These options, apps and capabilities can then be used for bettering the performances (acquire extra energy, enhance the speeds and the battery lifestyles and extra) and for customizing and optimizing your Android primarily based instrument.
However that’s now not all. CM11 is without doubt one of the perfect customized ROMs developed for Android smartphones and pills. The device is secure and runs easily on the LG Optimus One, whereas on high of all Android four.four.2 will probably be put in. CM eleven, being an unofficial Android OS, will probably be coming with its personal appears to be like and lines, so don’t are expecting to obtain the inventory or default Android four.four tool. Anyway, in a number of phrases, with CM11 put in, your LG Optimus One will turn into your new playground as it is possible for you to to tweak and customize your Android software in a minute.
In fact, CM11 is developed with the aid of 1/3 celebration devs, so this tutorial has nothing to do with LG or with Google. This isn’t an reliable replace for the reason that CM eleven is in reality a free aftermarket distribution of Android four.four.2 machine that may now be put in in your Optimus One. On account of that, this tutorial will have to be regarded as complicated and dangerous – it’s also unofficial (CM11 can also be put in best manually and best after getting ready your instrument – see the rules from beneath).
The very first thing to do when figuring out to put in a customized ROM, like CM11, is to root your Android instrument. So gain root access on your LG Optimus One. With root you will unchain the internal system of your phone by removing the factory and default restrictions that are installed. After gaining root access you should also install a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP recovery. The custom recovery can be flashed only on a rooted system and is used of the update operation – the Android 4.4.2 software file will be flashed from the Optimus One SD card.
When completing the up mentioned operations you will also lose the warranty of your phone. All these procedures aren’t official so the warranty will get void. For restoring the same you will have to revoke the root access; you can do so once you downgrade your Optimus One to stock Android OS – of course then the CM 11 firmware will be replaced with the stock Android system, while root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked.
A backup should also be completed before going any further. The system of your phone must be wiped out or else the CM11 will not run properly on your LG Optimus One. Because of that you can lose everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory of your device – I am talking about text messages, contacts, call logs, market apps and so on. Therefore use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play and save everything you might need afterwards. Also, use the recovery image for saving the current ROM – do a Nandroid backup.
Those were the essential pre requisites; now, before heading to the proper update operation you need to take care of the general pre requisites. So check the list from below and apply the tasks described there.
- You need to use your phone, its USB cable and you have to access or use a computer or notebook.
- On the computer there shouldn’t be running any security program – these tools are usually interfering with the update operation.
- So, temporarily deactivate the antivirus, antimalware and Firewall protection.
- Since a connection between your device and computer must be established, first you have to enable USB debugging option on your phone – just go to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- If your Optimus One gets turned off in the middle of the update operation, your handset might get bricked. Because of that you now need to check the battery status of your phone: if there is less than 50% power left you need to plug in the charger.
- Also you should install CM11 by using this guide only if you own the LG Optimus One model number P500; the steps from below are compatible only with the mentioned smartphone – you can brick your device in case you mess things up.
- Download the Android 4.4.2 update file from here.
- Then download Google Apps package from here.
- Save these files on your computer and don’t unzip the same.
- Now, you need to place the downloaded files on your phone’s SD card.
- In order to do so, first connect your device with your computer and then transfer the files.
- Now, unplug the USB cord and also turn off your Optimus One.
- Enter your handset in recovery mode.
- Clear the cache and wipe the data.
- For wiping the data select “wipe data factory reset”.
- While for clearing the cache select “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- From recovery now select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the CM11 firmware file and install the KitKat update on your LG Optimus One.
- Do the same thing and install the Google apps package.
- Then return to main menu of recovery and select “reboot system now”.
- If your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, return to recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Also, for resolving any other problem, use our dedicated step by step guide.
- In case you don’t just like the CM11 firmware, then (provided that you had made a Nandroid backup as really useful earlier than) you should use the identical restoration mode for restoring the inventory Android OS.
Excellent job; you have got efficiently put in CM eleven on the LG Optimus One; now a customized model of Android four.four.2 KitKat OS is operating to your Android software. Take a look at the identical instrument after which share your impressions and outcomes with us and with different customers who may wish to use our tutorial.