The Android four.four.2 KitKat firmware might not be launched for all of the Android based totally smartphones and drugs available in the market. As overall, when a brand new replace is being launched the identical can be appropriate best with restricted gadgets, whereas the opposite ones can be caught on older variations of the device. That is how Google is telling us that we must trade our telephones. However in case you are now not planning in shopping for a brand new handsets and nonetheless need to use a check the brand new Android four.four OS, then you should utilize a customized ROM firmware.
What I’ve talked about above can also be utilized additionally for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA. As chances are you’ll recognize, Google and HTC introduced that the Droid DNA is not going to obtain the reputable contact of Android four.four KitKat OS because of hardware boundaries. Everyone knows that the DNA is a good Android software, so the KK firmware may simply work completely. Anyway, even if there received’t be any OTA rolled out for the Verizon DNA, that you can nonetheless set up Android four.four.2 KK OS for your cellphone. How? Smartly, as I’ve talked about all through the introduction, by means of flashing a customized ROM firmware.
Due to this fact, if you happen to select to apply and full this step-by-step information, it is possible for you to to discover ways to simply and safely replace your Verizon HTC Droid DNA to Android four.four.2 tool by using the use of the brand new SlimKat customized ROM platform. The SlimKat firmware is in accordance with the most recent unlock of Android (which presently may also be noticed handiest on Nexus handsets) and represents a free aftermarket distribution of Android OS. So, SlimKat is developed via 0.33 celebration devs (we will have to thanks these of xda-builders for the current tutorial) which means that that the replace has nothing to do with Google, with HTC or with Verizon.
The very best is that SlimKat might be bringing inventory and additional (that can’t be discovered on the default Android four.four.2 device) options, apps and capabilities that can be utilized for bettering the performances of your Droid DNA. Moreover, with SlimKat put in to your DNA it is possible for you to to experience a steady variant of KitKat OS, although the inventory or pure Android UI will probably be changed with a customized one. In a couple of phrases, with this practice ROM it is possible for you to to energy up your tool via rising its velocity, updating the online searching expertise, upgrading the battery lifestyles, get rid of the bloatware, get entry to the inner machine and so forth.
If you wish to acquire all that and much more, then it’s important to full this information for studying find out how to replace your Verizon HTC Droid DNA to customized Android four.four.2 KitKat firmware. However, for being ready to take action, you first have to organize your tool for the flashing operation to be able to rapidly apply. On account of that I’ve defined the pre requisites from under.
- Root your Verizon Droid DNA; gain root access because a custom ROM is not an official update and the same can be applied only on an unchained system.
- Be careful when rooting your smartphone because root is not official either. By doing the same you will void the warranty of your Android device.
- The warranty can be restored only if you choose to downgrade your Droid DNA to stock Android JB firmware – then the root access will be revoked and the default version of Android reinstalled.
- Install a custom recovery image, I recommend you to use CWM or TWRP recovery (the latest version of these apps). If you try to use the stock recovery for flashing a custom ROM you will notice that isn’t possible. So, flash the custom recovery and update your Droid DNA to Android 4.4.2 OS.
- Do note that a custom recovery app can be installed only on a rooted system, so complete the root first.
- Backup your Droid DNA data, including personal info, accounts, contacts list, messages, call logs, market apps and basically everything else is saved on the internal storage memory.
- You can even save the current ROM by completing a Nandroid backup – in this way, if the SlimKat software isn’t good enough for you, you will be able to safely restore the previous ROM without having to follow a complicated and complex tutorial like the present one.
- Make sure you can use a computer or notebook, your Verizon HTC Droid DNA and its USB cable.
- On the mentioned computer you should first deactivate the antivirus or any other security program.
- Then, on your device you need to enable USB debugging option; you can do so by heading to path “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Up next, you need to check the battery status; if the power is less than 50% then you have to plug in the charger before going any further, else you can skip this step.
- This step by step guide is compatible only with the Verizon version of the HTC Droid DNA. So, don’t use the next steps for installing the Android 4.4.2 KitKat based SlimKat custom ROM on a different or similar Android device – you can end up in bricking your smartphone.
- Download the Android 4.4 update file from here.
- Also download Google Apps (from here) because this package is not included on the firmware file.
- Save both files on your computer, preferable on desktop.
- Don’t unzip any of the up mentioned files.
- Connect your Droid DNA with your computer.
- Do use the USB cord for establishing the mentioned connection.
- Copy-paste both downloaded files from desktop and place the same on your phone’s SD card.
- And then unplug the USB cable.
- Now, turn off your phone.
- And learn how to reboot in recovery mode.
- From restoration to start with wipe the device and clear the cache.
- Begin with the gadget and choose “wipe information manufacturing unit reset”.
- Then, clear the cache through selecting “wipe dalvick cache” and “wipe cache partition”.
- From the identical restoration menu now choose “set up zip from SD card” adopted by using “make a selection zip from SD card”.
- Decide the Android four.four.2 SlimKat tool and set up the replace to your Verizon DNA.
- Do the identical factor (re-do the talked about course of) for putting in the Google apps bundle.
- After all, go to major menu of restoration and choose “reboot gadget now”.
Just right job; you have got achieved our step-by-step information. So, congratulations, that you would be able to now use your Verizon Droid DNA over again although this time Android four.four.2 KitKat OS is operating to your smartphone. After all, a customized model of the talked about instrument as SlimKat instrument has been efficiently put in. Check the brand new machine and take a look at its options, apps and capabilities. Then, return right here and share your outcomes with us and with different customers who would possibly need to use this tutorial.