CyanogenMod 11 Nightly ROM has been launched for the Cricket Galaxy S3 device, which means that you can now use the instructions listed below, in order to learn how to successfully update your device with one of the most popular Android 4.4.2 custom ROMs.
Learn how to successfully update your device by reading the entire post. This is a ROM that is based on the AOSP Android 4.4 stock build and it packs tons of other new features created by the CyanogenMod team. There are multiple things added such as screencasting, secure SMS service and others. More info about this release is found here.
Read the guidelines below first, as you will learn what you have to do in order to make sure that you complete the installation of CM 11 successfully on your device:
- this is a guide that works only with the Cricket Galaxy S3 device.
– don’t attempt to update any other smartphones or tablets with the files that are posted in this article.
- your device should be rooted and running the latest build of CWM Recovery.
– TWRP might also work, but it still needs to be running the latest build available.
- you will need to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup file for the installed OS, so that you will have a restore point set for your device.
– this backup file can then be used to restore the Cricket Galaxy S3 to its current ROM in case the new build doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– this step is also found in the tutorial, so you shouldn’t miss it.
- before installing the new ROM you will have to apply a ‘factory reset’.
– if your device already sports a previous CM 11 Nightly build, then you might be able to skip this step.
– in case your device runs on a different ROM, then you shouldn’t skip ‘factory reset’.
– the ‘factory reset’ process deletes all data stored on your phone’s system partition, while leaving the internal / external storage unaffected.
- backup data from installed apps, SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: Helium proceed to your next step when the primary menu of CWM Restoration seems.
- Very first thing that you just wish to do now could be to create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the put in OS:
– choose ‘backup and fix’, verify the method and proceed to the next move when finished.
- Subsequent, observe the ‘manufacturing unit reset’ to your instrument:
– choose ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’, verify.
> don’t skip this step until your software already runs on a earlier CM eleven Nightly ROM construct.
> for those who do skip this step and the cellphone doesn’t boot in standard mode, then you’ll be compelled to repeat all the tutorial as soon as once more.
- Now that you simply’ve reached this level you could ultimately flash the brand new ROM:
– make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’, to find the CM eleven Nightly zip.
> ascertain the set up and don’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- Choose as soon as once more ‘select zip from sdcard’, to find the Gapps zip and set up it too.
> when the set up is full, return to the primary CWM Restoration display.
- Make a selection ‘reboot device now’ and wait except your software boots in standard mode.
– be aware that the primary boot course of takes some time besides all recordsdata, which is why you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the house reveal of CM eleven seems.
- Enter your Google or CyanogenMod account and take regulate over your instrument as soon as once more.
– now that you could begin trying out the entire new options and features that have been brought through the CM eleven Nightly construct.
These had been the entire steps that you simply needed to take to be able to full the set up of CyanogenMod eleven Nightly in your smartphone.
Observe: In case your instrument doesn’t go prior the CyanogenMod eleven boot animation display, or it enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be pressured to repeat all the tutorial as soon as once more. In the event you come to a decision to repeat the academic, make certain to not skip the ‘manufacturing facility reset’ step and, moreover, you will have to observe the ‘layout /machine’ possibility too. ‘Layout /machine’ choice may also be discovered beneath ‘mounts and storage’ menu.
For those who can’t full the set up of CM eleven Nightly for your Cricket Galaxy S3, then it could be easiest so that you can ask for added lend a hand in feedback. Then again, I am hoping that you simply did be able to replace your telephone and that now you’re operating the most recent CM eleven construct.
When you don’t like how the CyanogenMod eleven Nightly works along with your Galaxy S3 Cricket or, you to find too many bugs, then which you could all the time come to a decision to revive your telephone to its earlier OS the usage of the NANDROID ROM Backup file created in step 6.