CM11 is a formidable customized ROM that’s in line with inventory Android four.four KitKat firmware. Now, taking into consideration that CyanogenMod is the most well-liked and liked customized replace almost definitely you’ll need to check out the identical in your Samsung Galaxy Mega. If that’s proper, then which you could safely use this step-by-step information as a result of right through the next pointers we will be able to be checking on the best way to set up CM11 on Galaxy Mega and replace to Android four.four KitKait OS.
As I’ve already said, CM eleven is in line with Android four.four. However, this isn’t an legitimate model of the KitKat platform that’s being to be had in your Galaxy Mega. CM eleven has nothing to do with Samsung or with Google because the firmware is being developed via 1/3 birthday party devs. That’s why you wish to imagine this replace a free aftermarket distribution of Android four.four that may be flashed for your Samsung Galaxy Mega. On account of that CM11 will carry each inventory and further (that can not be discovered on the default variant of Android OS) options, capabilities and apps.
Additionally, CM eleven will likely be bringing its personal seems to be and person interface which means that that for your Mega you received’t be capable of benefit from the pure Android four.four KitKat expertise. The firmware is optimized particularly on your telephone so the device will easily run for your smartphone. In accordance to those that have already examined the CM11 platform on the Galaxy Mega, the machine works with out mistakes or lags and there aren’t main bugs or considerations incorporated. The replace can also be safely utilized for a day-to-day use, to not point out that you are going to quickly be triggered with a brand new and extra secure model of the CM eleven firmware.
With CM eleven that you may energy up the performances of your handset and which you can simply customise and optimize the battery existence, the consumer interface, the speeds and the online searching expertise. It is possible for you to to put off in constructed applications, the bloatware and you’re going to additionally be capable of overclock / undervolt your Android device. But for being able to do that first you will have to complete this tutorial. The installation procedure is not hard to complete though you do have to take care of the pre requisites first – just take a look on the list from below and complete the indications explained there.
- First of all you need to unlock your device. For being able to do that you have to learn how to easily root the Galaxy Mega.
- With root access ensured, you can then safely install a custom recovery image on your phone.
- I recommend you to use CWM or TWRP recovery because the devs had tested the CM11 OS only with the mentioned apps.
- CWM recovery is one of the most used and appreciated custom recovery while TWRP recovery is the touch version of the first app.
- Do note that a custom recovery image can be flashed only on a rooted system.
- When gaining root access, your Samsung Galaxy Mega warranty will get void – this is happening because the binary flash counter will be increased (gaining root access, and basically all the other operations, including the present one, aren’t official).
- So, for restoring the warranty you will have to reset the flash counter; you can do that by revoking the root access: downgrade to stock Jelly Bean OS or wait for the Android 4.4 OTA update to be released and rolled out by Samsung for your Galaxy Mega.
- Backup the data which you have saved on the internal storage memory. As you will see during the proper installation procedure, a wipe will be required. When wiping the system, your data might be erased. Because of that you need to save everything that’s important for you.
- Remember that CWM recovery is installed; use the same for saving the current ROM – if CM 11 isn’t what you want, then you can easily restore to your old firmware.
- Also, consider in backing up the Galaxy Mega EFS folder before going any further.
- Then, make sure that you can use a notebook, or a computer along with your smartphone and with its official USB cable.
- This is a manual update procedure so the required files will have to be downloaded manually. Because of that and for avoiding the unpleasant situations from happening, before starting the steps from below deactivate the security protection that is featured on your computer and on your Galaxy Mega.
- Of course, you will have to connect your phone with your computer at some point for being able to transfer the downloaded files from the PC to your phone. Because of that from “menu – settings – developer options” you need to enable USB debugging on your Mega.
- A manual update process means a few minutes of installation procedure. So, before applying something you need to check the battery status of your device: if there is less than 50% battery power left, you have to plug in the charger; else you can skip this step.
- It is important to complete this guide only if you have the Samsung Galaxy Mega model number GT-I9200/GT-I9205; the CM11 Android 4.4 custom ROM is compatible only with the mentioned device.
- Download the update file from this page.
- Then go here and download the Google Apps package, because the same is not included on the Android 4.4 firmware.
- Save these files on your computer, without unzipping anything – just place the files on desktop and complete the rest of the steps.
- By using the USB cable connect your Galaxy Mega with the computer where you have downloaded the required files.
- Then, copy paste the files on your phone’s SD card.
- When done, unplug the USB cord and also turn off your device.
- Wait a few seconds in order to obtain a proper shut down process.
- Now, enter your Galaxy Mega in recovery mode.
- Then use the restoration mode for wiping the gadget and for clearing up the cache.
- Simply needless to say to backup your knowledge first.
- For the wipe choose “wipe information manufacturing unit reset”.
- And for clearing the cache select “wipe cache partition” adopted with the aid of “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to restoration mode menu and from there make a choice “set up zip from SD card” and “select zip from SD card”.
- Choose the CM11 firmware file first.
- Set up the Android four.four KitKat OS to your Android tool.
- When executed, return and repeat the method however as an alternative of CM eleven now select Google apps package deal.
- Eventually, when the flashing course of ends, from restoration make a selection “reboot gadget now” and you’re finished.
Excellent job; you might have efficiently put in Android four.four KitKat based totally CM eleven customized ROM firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Mega. So now that you could take a look at the newest options and apps which are being to be had on the Android platform. Anyway, to start with are trying the CM11 gadget with a purpose to see the way it performs for your handset. And in addition, tell us how issues labored for you through sharing your ideas with us.