CyanogenMod team has released the official CM 11 Nightly custom builds for the Cricket variant of the Galaxy S4. Use this tutorial and you will learn how to successfully update your device using all the info posted below.
This is a custom ROM that is being designed by the popular CyanogenMod team. It is based on AOSP Android 4.4 KitKat and it packs tons of other CM-based functions such as Screencasting, TextSecure support etc. More info about these builds can be found here. Note that this is not an official Samsung / Cricket OTA Update, but a custom ROM that offers you the possibility to test the latest KitKat build on your device.
If you want to learn how to successfully update your device, then you should first take a look at the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Cricket variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone.
– this is a guide that shouldn’t be used with any other S4 variants.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest version of CWM Recovery.
– the TWRP Recovery should work with this guide too.
- a ‘factory reset’ is required for this tutorial and you shouldn’t skip the step.
– factory reset wipes all data stored on your phone’s system partition, while the internal storage won’t be affected by this tutorial.
– do not skip this process, as the new ROM might not boot in normal mode.
- create a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM before installing the new CM 11 Nightly build.
– it will set a restore point for your phone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– this step is found in the tutorial part too and it shouldn’t be skipped.
- backup data from installed applications using the Helium tool for Android — Google Play Store link here.
- backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore Restoration may work too, however it’s extremely really helpful so that you can use the most recent model of CWM as an alternative.
- First, create a full NANDROID Backup for the ROM that’s presently put in to your tool.
– make a selection ‘backup and fix’, then store the file and proceed to the next move when accomplished.
- Now you could ‘Manufacturing unit Reset’ the telephone.
– make a choice ‘wipe information/ manufacturing facility reset’, verify the method.
> don’t skip this step.
> manufacturing unit reset will also be skipped best if your tool already runs on an older and legit CM eleven Nightly ROM.
- Subsequent, set up the brand new ROM:
– make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’. To find the CM eleven Nightly zip and make sure the set up.
- When the brand new customized ROM is put in, disconnect your cellphone from pc, then make a choice as soon as once more ‘select zip from sdcard’:
– in finding the Gapps zip and set up it too.
- After each the ROM and Gapps are flashed, get again to the principle customized Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your instrument in commonplace mode now and wait unless the primary boot means of CM eleven Nightly masses all recordsdata.
- Enter your CyanogenMod / Google Account and take keep an eye on over your cellphone now.
These have been all of the steps that you simply needed to take as a way to efficiently replace your smartphone with the newest construct of CyanogenMod eleven Nightly.
NOTE: If the primary boot course of doesn’t full after ten minutes or the instrument enters right into a boot loop, then you’ll be compelled to energy off the cellphone. Because the set up has failed you are going to be compelled to repeat your entire tutorial as soon as once more, make sure you follow the ‘manufacturing unit reset’ step and moreover you want to go to Developed CWM Choices and ‘layout /gadget’ as smartly. The brand new ROM must set up efficiently now.
When you have some other questions concerning the set up of CM eleven Nightly ROM in your Cricket Galaxy S4 tool, then you definitely must publish them under in feedback.