Official Nightlies of CM 11 are now available for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone and you can learn how to update your device using the instructions that I’ve listed in this post.
More info about the CM 11 Nightlies and its features can be found at the CyanogenMod team web page here. This is a custom ROM that is based on AOSP Android 4.4 Kitkat and it packs all the stock features as well as multiple other ones designed by the CM team. Learn how to prepare the device for the installation process using the info below:
- this post works only with the AT&T model of the Galaxy S4 smartphone.
– do not attempt to update any other SGS4 phone with the files that you find in this article, as you will end up bricking it.
- use the guide only for AT&T SGS4 phones that are rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
– TWRP might work too, but we’ve not tested it.
– whatever custom Recovery you decide to use has to be updated to its latest version possible, so that it works with KitKat custom ROMs.
- ‘factory reset’ is required for this tutorial to work, but you need to know that it will delete all data from the system partition.
– neither internal nor external storage are affected by this tutorial.
– don’t skip the ‘factory reset’ if you’re coming from a different custom ROM.
– if your Galaxy S4 AT&T is currently running on a previous Official CM 11 Nightly build, then you can skip ‘factory reset’.
– if you skip the ‘factory reset’ and the phone doesn’t boot in normal mode, then you will be forced to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- backup data from installed applications, SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: Helium word that TWRP would possibly work too, however it has to run the newest model that you can imagine similar to CWM.
- Now that you simply’re on the major CWM Restoration Mode menu that you may begin via making a full NANDROID Backup for the put in ROM:
– make a choice ‘backup and fix’, title the file and put it aside to your cellphone’s inside or exterior storage.
- Subsequent, observe the ‘manufacturing facility reset’ course of:
– make a choice the choice that claims ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing unit reset’, ascertain.
> after ‘manufacturing facility reset’ is full that you can proceed to your next step.
- Flash the brand new CM eleven Nightly ROM now:
– make a choice ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’ possibility now.
– to find the CM eleven zip file and make sure the set up.
> wait unless all recordsdata are flashed after which proceed with the remainder of the educational.
- When CyanogenMod eleven Nightly ROM is put in you want to choose as soon as once more the ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ possibility. Now flash the Gapps zip identical to you probably did with the ROM file.
- After each recordsdata are put in, return to the primary customized Restoration display.
- Reboot your smartphone now in customary mode.
– the primary boot course of takes as a minimum 5 minutes to load all information, which is why you must wait with out urgent any buttons.
- Use your Google Account or create a CyanogenMod profile in an effort to log into your smartphone’s new interface.
- in the event you repeat the information, then you need to just remember to gained’t skip any steps and follow ‘manufacturing unit reset’ and moreover you should use the ‘structure /machine’ choices too. Ask for additonal assist in feedback in case that you may’t be capable of flash the brand new ROM.
These had been all of the steps that you simply needed to take, now you’re free to start out checking out this model new CM eleven Nightly ROM for your AT&T Galaxy S4. You probably have another questions, then you definately must put up them within the feedback container under.
NOTE: if the primary boot course of shows the CyanogenMod boot animation monitor for greater than ten minutes and nothing occurs, or the instrument enters right into a boot loop, then you’re going to be pressured to repeat the whole tutorial.
In the event you don’t like this new ROM or the way it runs in your Galaxy S4 AT&T, then you definitely’re free to revive your cellphone to its earlier ROM the usage of the NANDROID Backup file created in step 7. Guarantee that prior to you make a decision to revive the earlier ROM, you’re going to take a look at all of the new CyanogenMod options and features with a purpose to get a greater take a look at the nice work put in these builds by means of the CM workforce.