The official build of CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies is now available for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2. In this post you will find all the info required in order to learn how to successfully update your smartphone with the latest CM11 KitKat version.
Remember that this is not an official Samsung update, but one of the most popular custom ROMs. Installing this new ROM offers you the possibility to successfully install and test the CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies, builds that are not stable but these are based on AOSP Android 4.4.
Before starting the installation you should read the guidelines below:
- This is a guide that will work only with the Samsung Galayx S2 T-Mobile.
– don’t use the files that you find here on any other Android smartphones.
- The T-MO Galaxy S2 that you’re about to update has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
– TWRP Recovery might work with this tutorial, too.
– note that the custom Recovery that is installed on your phone has to be updated to its latest versions, as otherwise the custom KitKat custom ROM won’t be flashed successfully.
- Factory Reset is listed in the tutorial and, it is a step that you shouldn’t skip.
– factory reset removes all data that is stored on your phone’s system partition.
– internal / external storage data won’t be affected by ‘factory reset’.
> you can skip ‘factory reset’ only if your device already runs on a previous CM 11 Nightly build.
> if you skip ‘factory reset’ and the phone doesn’t boot in normal mode, then you will need to repeat the entire tutorial once again.
- Backup data from installed apps using Helium app from Google Play Store here.
- Backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore obtain is full, join your smartphone along with your laptop after which reproduction each recordsdata for your tool’s interior storage.
– disconnect the cellphone from PC when all information are efficiently copied.
- Energy off your smartphone.
- Boot your software in CWM Restoration Mode.
– TWRP would possibly work too.
– observe that no matter customized Restoration you employ, it will have to be up to date to the newest on hand construct.
- First, create a full NANDROID ROM Backup for the put in ROM.
– choose ‘backup and repair’, then keep the file on the inner / exterior storage.
- Subsequent, follow the ‘Manufacturing facility Reset’ in your smartphone:
– make a selection ‘wipe information/ manufacturing unit reset’ and ensure the method.
- Now that you can flash the brand new CM eleven Nightly construct:
– choose ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘select zip from sdcard’ and ensure the set up.
– don’t press any buttons unless the method is full.
- After the ROM is put in, make a choice as soon as once more the ‘make a selection zip from sdcard’ and flash the Gapps zip too.
- When each information are flashed with success, return to the primary customized Restoration reveal.
- Reboot your telephone now in commonplace mode.
– be aware that the primary boot strategy of CM eleven Nightly will take at the least a few minutes to finish and also you shouldn’t press any buttons unless the house monitor seems.
- Create / log into your CyanogenMod account and take keep an eye on over your software.
Now that the set up is full that you would be able to begin checking out the emblem new ROM. Should you can’t full the information you then must ask for additonal assist in feedback.
Additionally, notice that in case the primary boot course of takes greater than ten minutes to load all recordsdata or in case the telephone enters right into a boot loop, then you are going to be compelled to repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more. If you happen to do come to a decision to repeat the educational, then you definately must be certain to not skip any steps and ask for additonal lend a hand in feedback.
Should you don’t like how your tool works with this model new CyanogenMod eleven Nightly ROM, then that you would be able to at all times make a choice to revive your earlier ROM the use of the file created in step 6.