Official Android 4.4.1 OTA Update is here for the Google Nexus 4. In case you didn’t receive the OTA Update notification, then you can use this tutorial in order to learn how to flash such files on your smartphone.
Android 4.4.1 KitKat update fixes several minor bugs that were present in the previous version and tweaks the overall performance of your device. Read the guidelines below before starting the installation.
- use this tutorial only with the Google Nexus 4.
– don’t try to update any other devices using the files that you find in this post.
- the Google Nexus has to run on the Android 4.4 KRT16S firmware.
– phones running older Android 4.4 firmware versions cannot be updated with the new KOT49E.
- download and install the Android SDK from here.
– install this on your computer’s C drive, after that you will have to browse the SDK folder and open ‘Platform-tool’ directory.
– in ‘platform-tools’ folder you’ll need to place the Android 4.4.1 KOT59 OTA Update zip file, as otherwise you cannot start the installation.
- for the process to complete successfully you will be need to ‘adb sideload’ the files.
- you can flash this new OTA Update even with a custom Recovery, but that will work only if you have one installed.
– the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery will work with the zip.
- the installation will not wipe any data from your device.
- note that this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone or lose any important files in the process.
- check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from switching off in the middle of the updating process.
- enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
– if Developer Options is not listed in Settings, then you should open About Phone and then press seven times on the ‘Build Number’ section.
- if you cannot complete the tutorial, then you can ask for extra help in comments.
These were all the guidelines that you had to go over. Below you’ll find instructions on how to flash KTO49E Android 4.4.1 firmware on your Nexus 4 in case your device runs the latest CWM / TWRP custom Recovery image
Users of Nexus 4 that are featuring a custom Recovery should follow the info below in order to complete installation:
- download the ‘signed-occam-KOT49E-from-KRT16S’ zip from here.
- after the download is complete you should copy the zip file to your smartphone’s internal storage.
- power off the phone.
- boot the device in Bootloader Mode, then select RECOVERY option.
– both CWM / TWRP will work.
- use the ‘install’ option and then load the zip file.
- confirm the installation.
- when the process is complete, disconnect your phone from PC and then boot the device in normal mode.
- now your device will boot in normal mode and Android 4.4.1 KTO49E will be its default OS.
If your smartphone is 100% stock, then you can push the update via ‘adb sideload’ using the info below.
- Download the ’signed-occam-KOT49E-from-KRT16S’ zip from here.
– alternate the title of the file to ‘replace.zip’
- Keep the file in SDK> Platform-instruments.
– don’t extract its contents.
- Energy off your Nexus four now.
- Boot it in Bootloader Mode and go away it there.
- Now, launch a Command Instructed with its region set to ‘platform-instruments’:
– it may be performed by way of opening the ‘platform-instruments’ folder, then urgent and retaining Shift for your keyboard whereas on the related time proper-clicking the folder’s empty area.
– make a selection ‘open command recommended window right here’
- From the Restoration menu of your cellphone choose ‘observe replace from adb’.
- Join your N4 together with your PC by means of USB cable.
- Subsequent, in an effort to set up the KOT49E Android four.four.1 OTA Replace zip you’ll have to enter the next command line in CMD window:
– adb sideload replace.zip
> press Enter and stay up for the set up to finish.
- When the method is completed, reboot your cellphone in standard mode and disconnect it out of your PC.
I feel that these had been the entire steps that you just needed to take to be able to full the set up of Android four.four.1 KTO49E KitKat OTA Replace to your Nexus four. If you happen to can not full the set up, you then will have to ask for extra lend a hand in feedback and we can attempt to provide you with a plausible answer for you.