The Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 build of Android 4.4 is a custom ROM that you can flash now on your Verizon Galaxy S3. Read this entire tutorial and you will learn how to successfully update your smartphone.
All functions and features of KitKat are working with this tutorial, but the camera firmware is still the one used with Android 4.3. Hopefully, when the official CM 11 Nightlies are released we will get working Android 4.4 camera functionality for Galaxy S3 VZW. In order to complete this tutorial without bricking your device, you will first have to take a look at the preparation guide below:
- use this post only with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3.
– don’t update any other Galaxy S3 variants with the ROM listed in the tutorial.
- your phone has to be rooted and running the latest CWM Recovery image.
- a ‘factory reset’ is required for the new ROM to flash successfully.
– this means that you will lose all data that is stored on your smartphone’s system partition, while the internal storage won’t be affected by this tutorial.
- backup data from installed apps using the Helium app – Google Play Store here.
- backup SMS and APN Internet Settings values using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore have been all of the steps that you simply needed to take as a way to replace your Verizon Galaxy S3 with a customized Android four.four ROM. Understand that the ROM you put in hasn’t been launched by way of the CyanogenMod staff, as they’re nonetheless engaged on releasing the primary CM eleven Nightly construct.
For those who don’t like this new ROM, then that you could at all times make a selection to revive your smartphone to its earlier ROM the usage of the NANDROID Backup file create in step 6. For different questions, use the feedback container under.