The Official CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable build based on Android 4.3 has been launched for the Galaxy S3. So, if you didn’t update your smartphone to Android 4.4 via other custom ROMs, then you should try the new Android 4.3 stable build from CyanogenMod. Read this entire tutorial and you should be able to complete the guide in no time.
CM 10.2 Stable is the custom ROM that all the Android 4.3 JB AOSP features along with tons of other CyanogenMod additions. Read the guidelines below and you will learn how to successfully configure the device, so that you’ll finish the installation at your first attempt. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
– do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the build that you find in this article.
- your Galaxy S3 has to be rooted and running the latest CWM or TWRP Recovery image.
– without these installed you cannot complete the tutorial.
- ‘factory reset’ is required before installing the new ROM.
– this process will wipe data from system partition, while leaving the internal /external storage unaffected.
– do not skip the ‘factory reset’, as your device will not boot in normal mode.
- it would be best for you to create a full NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM.
– this will set a restore point for your device and you will be able to use it in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– this step is listed in the tutorial.
- backup data from installed applications using Helium for Android from Google Play Store — link here.
- backup SMS text messages and APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android: SMS backup & restore put in ROM:
– CWM: make a selection ‘backup and restoration’, shop the file and proceed to your next step.
– TWRP: press Backup, then rename the file and put it aside for your tool.
- Subsequent, follow ‘manufacturing unit reset’
– CWM: make a choice ‘wipe knowledge/ manufacturing facility reset’, ascertain.
– TWRP: press Wipe, then swipe to verify Manufacturing unit Reset.
> don’t skip this step, as the brand new ROM received’t boot efficiently.
- Now which you can flash the CM 10.2 Jelly Bean four.three Secure ROM on your Galaxy S3:
– CWM: make a selection ‘set up zip from sdcard’, then ‘make a choice zip from sdcard’. To find the ROM zip and set up it.
– TWRP: press Set up, then search the interior storage for the CM 10.2 Steady zip. Ascertain the set up.
> don’t press any buttons unless the set up is full.
- After the ROM is put in, repeat step eight moves and flash the Gapps zip too.
- When each information are put in, return to the principle customized Restoration menu.
- Reboot your telephone now in commonplace mode.
– notice that the primary boot course of takes some time to complete and also you shouldn’t press any buttons except you see the house monitor of CM 10.2
- Create your CyanogenMod account, then reboot the telephone as soon as once more and begin checking out the brand new customized ROM options.
– additionally, make sure you enter your default Google account information with a purpose to restoration all contacts information.
These had been all of the steps that you simply needed to take, now which you can take a look at the ROM.
In case the primary boot course of takes greater than ten minutes to load all new recordsdata, or the cellphone enters right into a boot loop, then you are going to be compelled to repeat your complete tutorial as soon as once more. In the event you do repeat the educational, then you definitely must be sure that to not skip any steps that I’ve listed above.
In the event you can’t full the information then which you could ask for extra lend a hand in feedback.
If you happen to don’t like how CyanogenMod 10.2 secure works together with your Galaxy S3 I9300, then that you could make a selection to revive the telephone to its earlier ROM the usage of the NANDROID ROM Backup file created in step 6.